688RWHP!! E85 is the "magic gas!"

Camron502

Established Member
So I took my 2013 Roush Stage 3 to Shaun at AED for a final dyno tune and an E85 swap. All I can say is WOW!!

First of all, Shaun provided great customer service and dialed the car in on 91 octane. The car put down 627rwhp but had to be dialed back to 604rwhp due to our terrible quality gasoline in the state of California. After the third pull safely put down 627rwhp, the car started having issues with the fuel and started pulling timing at around 6500 rpm. I purchased that 91 octane "v-power" from a local Shell Station which I thought would be the best fuel in my area but it turned out to be crap. Shaun pulled some timing out of the tune for safety and inconsistencies in fuel and that is why the car ended up at 604rwhp. To me that still exceeded my expectations and I was very happy with the result.

Now for the best part, E85!!!! As Shaun calls it "magic gas!" E85 is an incredible fuel for forced induction applications. On E85 Shaun was able to add 9.5 degrees of timing and put down 688rwhp and 605 lb/ft of torque. The car absolutely loves that stuff. It runs smoother and pulls like a freight train now, at the same time it's safer for the engine and runs cooler. The closest E85 is 22 miles from my house but the benefits are well worth it. The car is not a daily driver so it's no big deal. I will probably never switch back to gas.

http://youtu.be/nXpUrpRnBPw

Last edited:

Camron502

Established Member
Hitmix,

Thanks for for passing that info along. I read that article prior to making my decision to switch to E85. I also spoke with Shaun pretty extensively about it. I live in California and my car is always garaged so the moisture issue wasn't as big of a concern for me as for some although it is inevitable. The benefits for me really outweigh the moisture concern as I won't let the car sit too long and from what I am told that will also keep the injectors from rust and corrosion. Any moisture that makes its way in should not be enough to wreak any havoc on my internals and will evaporate at operating temp. I also installed a quick disconnect to swap fuels quickly so I can run a tank of 91 through the system every now and then.

FIFTY

Established Member
Congrats bro nice #'s, E85 definitely puts a different expression on your face when you go WOT!!!! I freaking love that stuff:)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice numbers OP. I'm sure that thing runs like a scalded ape. 690whp with a TVS is an absolute ton of power on a stock motor. Any track plans?

mackdog2008

Established Member
82mm pulley. Mods are in the signature. Shaun doesn't measure boost but based on my boost gauge 9psi
Wow!

I'm switching to corn tomorrow and I have the 82mm pulley that I'm installing tonight, mine should be making somewhere around that area can't wait!
Mine is a vmp gen 2 tvs

Camron502

Established Member
Wow!

I'm switching to corn tomorrow and I have the 82mm pulley that I'm installing tonight, mine should be making somewhere around that area can't wait!
Mine is a vmp gen 2 tvs

Make sure you have the rest of the necessary supporting mods and a good tuner. Do a lot of research and talk to someone knowledgable so you have all the facts and know how to manage the differences in the ethanol over gasoline.

FiveOGirl

Established Member
I'm looking forward to redoing my fuel system and having AED tune the car. Hopefully in a few months.

Camron502

Established Member
Shaun claims little to no issues with the stock pump, and boost-a-pump on E85. The increased voltage is actually supposed to relieve stress on the pump because it doesn't have to work as hard and then the increased demand with E85 puts that relieved stress back on the system so I think it is back where it started. I will leave the stock pump for now and if it fails, which I'm sure it will at some point, I will upgrade it at that time. Either way you have to pay to play, so if it goes out it is what it is.

Joey8

Established Member
isn't that alot of power for the stock bottom end and the trans? I no shaun is second to none just curious for my own knowledge. Seems 600 and under is deemed to be safe with the right tune and 650 is pushing it. 688 seems to be pushing it even on E85 but then again shaun certainly would no a hell of a lot more then me. Interested if he has any insight...

Users who are viewing this thread