688RWHP!! E85 is the "magic gas!"

mackdog2008

Established Member
Mack,

You switch to E85 yet? If so what do you think? AED tune?
Yep I have been running it for about a week.

I LOVE IT! The car feels a lot stronger and runs smoother than before, I am tuned by Justin at VMP

My MPG went from 20 on 91 to 16 on E85 but right now E85 is 0.64 cents less than 91 so I am not loosing anything but gaining ALOT.

OP do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

D.T.R

Established Member
Great numbers OP.
You are brave pushing that much power on a stock motor through a PD blower. Hopefully it holds up. When are you hitting the track? that should be a mid 10 sec car.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yep I have been running it for about a week.

I LOVE IT! The car feels a lot stronger and runs smoother than before, I am tuned by Justin at VMP

My MPG went from 20 on 91 to 16 on E85 but right now E85 is 0.64 cents less than 91 so I am not loosing anything but gaining ALOT.

OP do you have a fuel pressure gauge?
The fuel gauge is extremely important in these cars with a bap and E85. We are finding out some of the cars are having fuel pressure dropping down to 20-30 psi with a bap and e85.

mackdog2008

Established Member
Very good, be sure to post up if you see any issues or everything is good for the long haul! Real world data is good to see on here.
I will, what kind of pressure is considered good at WOT?

What should I watch for on my gauge that shows signs of a pump failure?

numbnutz

Established Member
I don't think a pm is necessary, it's info I would like to know as well as possibly others. It's relative to the thread.

RusWolf

Established Member
What is a good gauge for fuel pressure monitoring? A good gauge should be precise and simple to install.

What about those liquid filled gauge that you attach to the fuel rail. Are those good as well?

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What is a good gauge for fuel pressure monitoring? A good gauge should be precise and simple to install.

What about those liquid filled gauge that you attach to the fuel rail. Are those good as well?
I think aem has a good one and autometer does as well. Get an electrical one. You do not want fuel running into the cab.

Shaun@AED

Factory Fuel pressure spec is 55-58psi static, but that likely varies slightly as every factory fuel pressure regulator will likely not be identical in the pressure they hold.
Also keep in mind as fuel volume goes UP, pressure will drop, and the factory accounts for this in the programming. Typically 4-5psi drop at WOT on a Factory NA Application is normal. As fuel volume increases for boost (BAP for instance) the pressure drop will be greater, this is not due to the added demand of the application, but due to the physics that govern fluid dynamics. Increasing volume and increasing the distance (longer fuel line) will increase the pressure drop across the system. Again, this has nothing to do with fuel demand of the engine.

All aftermarket sensors/gauges will likely not read identical to each other.

Taking all of this into account what you should pay attention to is Fuel pressure on your vehicle on your gauge at idle and part throttle. Note this value (whatever it is and it may fluctuate a few PSI) and if pressure drops from this by more than 8-10PSI at WOT, you are likely running out of fuel volume.

Keep in mind this applies ONLY to Factory returnless systems without a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread