69 Mustang body on a 2014 Shelby chassis

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s out-****in-standing.

Like the article states, obviously he’s got cash to play with to just buy a ‘14GT500 and get chopping.

Ridiculously cool project.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I need to meet Jim - he doesn't know it but he's my long-lost Uncle.

Wow is all I can say. Awesome idea....and an amazing car with an enormous level of talent and skill ( and yeah - lots of cash ) poured into it.

I'd like an older style wheel on the car and a deep dish wheel on the back - narrowing the rear would help make that possible.

I wonder how long the drivetrain will remain stock?

CV355

_
Established Member
Hmmm... I have a '14 GT500... And a '69 Mach 1 CJ...

Nah, I think I'll keep 'em both separate. :)

Awesome project though.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Same thing the guy did with his 12 gt500, YouTube has a slo-motion video of the build. Blue car, beautiful work as well

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zodiac

Established Member
This car is absolutely stunning. I think a different set of wheels would really set it off.

Either way I never knew you could get a boner from looking at a car... now I know.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My 2 favorite cars combined. I wonder what he values the car at? In dollars.
That is no hack job. Looks perfect!
Agreed. My favorite Mustang is the '69 Boss 429 and ever since I sold my '69 Sportsroof Mach 1 clone, I've vowed to eventually build a badass '69 Boss 9 tribute with modern running gear. I've thought of this exact drivetrain in a new Dynacorn body and a full G-machine chassis, but to mate the two cars like this--hell yeah!!!!
-J

verbal

Established Member
I would love to build a 69 Boss replica. I have been thinking about this project with a GT500 drivetrain for a while but never would have thought you could drop a 69 body on a modern chassis and it would all line up.

It would have been pretty cool if he could have had a custom set of magnums made in a larger wheel size.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wait, so it has the full outside dimensions and scale as a true 69? It looks spot on, I figured it would need to be stretched or cut to meet the dimensions of a modern Mustang.

Why cant Ford just do this then?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks awesome. Not a fan of the wheels on it though. I would've left the 17's to maximize sidewall.

Users who are viewing this thread