6r80 in a 03 cobra?

stvdman

Established Member
Glad I took a look, that is very good news indeed. I think an 03-04 Cobra with a 6-speed Auto could be SWEET!....BRUH

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Not to mention these trans are fairly stout in stock form. Much more so than a 4r70. As far as putting them behind a mod motor do they bolt right up?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not to mention these trans are fairly stout in stock form. Much more so than a 4r70. As far as putting them behind a mod motor do they bolt right up?

They should bolt right up. Platforms may need trans tunnel massage, custom mount and driveshaft.

svtshadow

Banned
When it comes to Auto trans, how much do they normally costs, when its all said and done. Drove a turbo term. with auto yesterday. Two words HOLY SHIT!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
When it comes to Auto trans, how much do they normally costs, when its all said and done. Drove a turbo term. with auto yesterday. Two words HOLY SHIT!

I would guess roughly around $4-5,000 for used parts and the new controller. Depends if you upgrade the tranny some, and most would I bet. More if you go all new. I personally would install the stage 2 Exedy Clutch Kit and a billet Steel intermediate Shaft.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Anyone at SEMA, LOL, ask questions and report back!

US Shift will have exciting new products and features on display, so come by and check out our booth #73005.

Rambro

Established Member

I was quoted 5300$ by a shop. That's for a built for 1000 hp 4r70w with circle d converter and the labor to swap it over.

Arrickh

Established Member
My buddy Steve Shrader at Shrader performace hooked one up on his 2v. I would assume he could help you too if you are near nc.

EDIT: Whoops dead thread my bad.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Baumann will show their new 6R80 controller at SEMA and release for sale after.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Last I heard PA's controller only allowed the 6r80 to work around a 450 hp limit do to not being able to control line pressure. Maybe they have fixed that by now. Holding out for Baumann/US-Shift.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Last I heard PA's controller only allowed the 6r80 to work around a 450 hp limit do to not being able to control line pressure. Maybe they have fixed that by now. Holding out for Baumann/US-Shift.

You are correct. Baumann is beta testing with cars up to 1,000 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread