6R80 Transmission Fluid Fill Tool

bodon

Established Member
I bought the extra capacity pan(3 qts) and dipstick kit. I'm sure you can probably buy just the dipstick. I have to say the dipstick is a great idea but the adapter they give you to fill it with SUCKS. Does'nt seal well to the top of the dipstick tube braided line. So when trying to fill it you have a lot of leakage. Better than trying to fill from underneath but not a good design.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Dipstick on summit for 100 bucks shipped. Really nice piece too. Just installed mine.

Napa also sells an adapter to screw onto a bottle with a hand pump for tight places. Used mine multiple times with no issues. Makes rear end fills a breeze too

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I haven't had good experience with the dipsticks on these cars, friend bought one from one of the vendors and had it leaking all over the place within 50 miles.

dennisn

Established Member
I have the one jpc sells also. Leaks like a siv. Think it's made by performance automotive. i keep it to use for filling. Kind of a shame cus its a great idea. I could probably find a way of sealing it but shouldn't have to. The piece should thread in, stick your dipstick in and woalla it should be that simple.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I haven't had good experience with the dipsticks on these cars, friend bought one from one of the vendors and had it leaking all over the place within 50 miles.

Well damn. Havent driven mine yet but if it starts to leak I'll probably weld the adapter and piece together so it won't leak. Threw away the stock stuff already

Riptide

Established Member
Can you add fluid from underneath with the car on jackstands if you have a hand pump? Assuming so.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I've had my PA dipstick on since January with no problems. Getting the dipstick in sucks a little but I just ram it home.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
these braided dip stick tube adapter things are not new. my ole man puts them on all the cars he builds and non leak. surely there is something out there that doesnt leak. as soon as my dog is done spending all my car money on his freakin surgery id like to but a converter, pan and dipstick tube but no if the shits gonna leak.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
So the DIY guys that have changed their 6R80 fluid, are you placing jack stands under all 4 corners?

Seems like the worst part of the job is getting the final fluid level with the temp at 175+ deg.

Seems like you'd be idling awhile to achieve that temp? Any tips?

This guy is doing it at a lower operating temp on the bottom crosshatch.

[video=youtube;VRDSQCklCHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDSQCklCHI[/video]

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
Any reason you can't just use the hand pump with a plastic tube in the hole vs. the metal "hook" filler tube @ the etoolcart link?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Of course you can use just a plastic tube, have you tried to add fluid to your transmission before? Its a very basic process.

Users who are viewing this thread