6th Gear DYNO pull = POP goes my motor...

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
EDIT: DO SOME READING. I didn't "want' for my car to be pulled in 6th. The dyno operator thought he was in fourth gear! Durrr....

Yep, I posted a while back about my unfortunate situation. I thought I'd update those who were interested/wondering what happened.:read:

I created a page that details exactly what happened, how and where.
It's long.
It's detailed.
It's here: http://www.ninoavila.com/cartrouble/

I update it whenever I get new info :)

AND NOW....... "The dyno pull heard round the world":
th_6thgeardynopull.jpg

It still hurts to watch :(

The pull after the "6th gear" pull (pistons lets go):
th_SuccessfulRun2_mpeg2video.jpg

I'm going to go with a .020 bore, J/E pistons and the even flow cooling mod. That should take care of things :)

-N

Last edited:

Paulinator

Established Member
damn dude that sux! doesnt sound like a piston let go looks like ring land broke and now its burning alot of oil. if the pistons let go ud hear a loud clack and then the motor would seize or ud hear alot more carnage and clatter

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
I just dont see why you were doing a sixth gear pull to begin with, especially with these cars track record of 6th gear failures :shrug:

new engine sounds good though :D

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
04SnakeNJ said:
sorry hear, that sucks.

but why were you dynoing is 6th gear!?

anyway...good luck...hope it works out for ya

madmatt said:
I just dont see why you were doing a sixth gear pull to begin with, especially with these cars track record of 6th gear failures :shrug:

new engine sounds good though :D

orangeconv said:
thats the only thing that doesnt add up. why did do a 6th gear dyno? Thats a no no.

Read the thread that he links to! Its all there :read:
It was the dyno people that was uneducated.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
dude i just read all three pages of your story and i cant believe the poeple at ford would treat their customers like that, thats insane, what disrespect. everything from poor customer service to poor work done on your vehicle...if you only had the time and money to stick it to ford anmd make them pay for what they said they were going to originally pay for, respray your hood, and give you a sweet rental while this crap is being done...

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
andreas.e said:
Read the thread that he links to! Its all there :read:
It was the dyno people that was uneducated.

yea if you would READ....
it was leaning out a lil in 4th, then the moron accidentally threw it in 6th but only for 3.21 seconds (or so ford claimed) which ultimatly resulted in burnt piston, but it had nothing to do with a 6th gear pull....they say....

Last edited:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
damn man, this is the best documented situation i have heard of yet, but that kind of information is what scares/upsets me so much about dealerships. That is just awful business practice and i wish there was some way to keep them in check. Good luck with your rebuild, i hope you have the best of luck now and that your price list does not get surprising the further you go.

mytjojo

Established Member
man that blows... you might want to think about letting people know not to go to that shop on all the boards. what was the name of the shop in question?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I hope you're not paying for anything but the upgrades in the motor! Anyways nice post and thanks.

texaswrx

Established Member
I feel your pain, from problems in the past with other vehicles. Your documentation is second to none. I wish you the best

musclefan21

Established Member
Nino. Plesse tell me that they will pay for this. if not PLEASE tell me that you are gonna f*ck with them and take this to court, etc and take care of them just like did to that cop!

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
1sweetSVT said:
yea if you would READ....
it was leaning out a lil in 4th, then the moron accidentally threw it in 6th but only for 3.21 seconds (or so ford claimed) which ultimatly resulted in burnt piston, but it had nothing to do with a 6th gear pull....they say....

Not quite...He dynoed it in 6th thinking he was in fourth. No cool-down. He then dynoed it in 4th.

musclefan21 said:
Nino. Plesse tell me that they will pay for this. if not PLEASE tell me that you are gonna f*ck with them and take this to court, etc and take care of them just like did to that cop!

Can't afford it. I can't even afford the labor on my car, I'm just luckin' out that my bro-in-law is my mechanic and helping me out.

As far as XeSSive Motorsports, it's a done deal. I'll never go back and trying to prove (in court) that my 6th gear pull is what caused my failure is almost impossible.

As far as BOGGUS FORD, I DO plan to go back to point out all the screw ups once I get some time and gather everything for a nice solid no-way-out case. I'll start with the service manager and if I don't get what I want, I'll go higher and higher. I have pictures of everything, that's the nice thing :)

-N

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
NinoAvila said:
Not quite...He dynoed it in 6th thinking he was in fourth. No cool-down. He then dynoed it in 4th.

Can't afford it. I can't even afford the labor on my car, I'm just luckin' out that my bro-in-law is my mechanic and helping me out.

As far as XeSSive Motorsports, it's a done deal. I'll never go back and trying to prove (in court) that my 6th gear pull is what caused my failure is almost impossible.

As far as BOGGUS FORD, I DO plan to go back to point out all the screw ups once I get some time and gather everything for a nice solid no-way-out case. I'll start with the service manager and if I don't get what I want, I'll go higher and higher. I have pictures of everything, that's the nice thing :)

-N

so you are saying, whoever messed up your car will get away from this?:(

Users who are viewing this thread