9,000 RPM Performance Chip, Seller Told Me Installed

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There are a few options out there for chips. Ted Breaux on SHOforum used to supply chips. I don't know if he is still in the Business or not. FPSin Douglasville, GA is another alternative to SHO tuning. there is also the twEECer out there.

STAY AWAY FROM SHOSHOP, unless your into self inflicted punishment.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
12sec. quarter.

See what happens when you ford correct questions and dont automatically flame, you get straight answers

Magik SHO

Under Some Rollin Thunder
Established Member
I only flame when flamed upon.

Thanks for the compliments on the classics.

Just curious, I thought you liked curves, left to right. Everybodys got their preference?

When I say "seems as though nobody knows this car here", its only because MOST hadnt shown that they had, and it was just a smart alecky fest.

Ill move on if others would like to. Just be cool and share info, thats all. Otherwise, people that do things similar to what went on here just slows progress of knowlege sharing, and it seems to be a problem in society in general. Everybody seems to know everything, but share nothing but negative comments to some new guy who just had a few questions.

DIVIDED WE FALL.

Magik SHO

Established Member
Oh, and Chris, I didnt see YOU give any answers. Dont take credit for something you never did. In fact, youre the instigator. Go read this whole thread again.

Thanks RTStabler and Red03SVTVert for pertinent info, as your apparently the more informed of the bunch, or so your knowlege shows through transfer of knowledge.

DIVIDED WE FALL

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Haha, alright, dont know who you are and really dont care. My SHOforum threads were always funny, normally i was messing around and someone took it way too seriously, like this tool. Although I dont see anywhere in this thread before where he started yelling that i was being mean or rude. He just started to get all pissed. My SHOforum days are pretty much done because of how testy people are. I always would say what needed to be said, and what no one ever had the balls to say. I met alot of people outside the forum that after meeting me, understood it all, and really like me. So pardon me if you've now grown some balls and gained some money to drive a Cobra. I am happy for you that you too moved out of the shitboxes that were the cars we used to drive.

I didnt flame, I answered. You re-read it. I'm done with this thread and if you keep your shit up with how much this forum sucks, this forum will I am sure be done with you.

Last edited:

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Haha, alright, dont know who you are and really dont care. My SHOforum threads were always funny, normally i was messing around and someone took it way too seriously, like this tool. Although I dont see anywhere in this thread before where he started yelling that i was being mean or rude. He just started to get all pissed. My SHOforum days are pretty much done because of how testy people are. I always would say what needed to be said, and what no one ever had the balls to say. I met alot of people outside the forum that after meeting me, understood it all, and really like me. So pardon me if you've now grown some balls and gained some money to drive a Cobra. I am happy for you that you too moved out of the shitboxes that were the cars we used to drive.

I didnt flame, I answered. You re-read it. I'm done with this thread and if you keep your shit up with how much this forum sucks, this forum will I am sure be done with you.

Let benvie Be, He's a f'ing flamer anyways :rolleyes:

:p

How ya doing chris?

-Sam

Nitrous SSC

Established Member

Magik SHO

Established Member
Shoot, for $650, Im completely satisfied. You guys must be rich or something, thats cool. Sorry you guys were dissatisfied, but Im not intending on beating on it. I plan to raise a family VERY soon, and this car has alot of room...and I keep the power tucked away until I need to get on the highway.

The Fairlane has a decked out 302, and is soon to have Centerline dishes with runners and MT slicks and runner tires. Already has drag suspension, with a little work (bring high rise intake manifold and valve covers to dads machine shop and sandblast, re-install, rebuild the Holley 700 carb, bla bla bla), this car is already quick. Im just working on the asthetics gradually and more motor work.

I dont expect to get in the 12s or such, but I dont have time to build the car right now. My dad has some 427 stuff that just needs to be dipped, honed, guides and porting for a good engine. I like do it yourself/Grass Roots when it comes to racing. I know how to use his machine shop.

It all depends on ones budget and resources. I dont have the budget to buy a lightning or cobra, but I have the resources to build a 800+ hp engine, since my dads been in the trade for 45 years and has 7000 square feet of machine shop and a semi trailer full of old rare blocks heads, anything I need. Now time is the issue, since a family is arriving.

If I dont beat on it, I feel itll last. If it does break, I can fix it.

Sorry it didnt work out for you guys with SHO's. Ive put 700 miles on it without a hitch or servicing/parts, so its a "dollar a mile" car. Not too bad thusfar. Im hoping to get it into the dime per mile range, though I expect to put work and money into any car thats over 3 years old.

200 HP gets me on the highway quick, not a problem with horsepower. Too fast for my fiancee, she is about to shoot me when I do get on the highway too fast and punches me in the arm. Its not an "ONLY 200 HP", Im glad to have 200 hp for $650 out of a 6 cylinder thats good on gas. Im glad to have anything The Good Lord has gifted me with, and trust me, this WAS a gift. This is a fine piece, maybe not to you, but DEFINITELY to me. And I happen to own it, so Im quite happy.

I never said I planned to race this constantly, though Im going to get some slips soon. I think you guys are more of race enthusiats with the street vehicles. All of that isnt as important to me as good transportation that happens to be quick. For me, at least, a car serves a purpose, and that is transportation. If its fast, thats a nice extra. If the asthetics are great, Im even happier. If it was inexpensive and reliable at the same time, this is great.

Im just confused that you wouldnt think its a great find for $650 for a middle class guy who loves "fast" cars and has a family on the way. If it doesnt suit you any longer, thats your option to afford another vehicle. If it suited you at one time, you know its a great car, as long as you dont constantly tear it up. That seems to be, to me at least, through observation, but not experience, on how a vehicle breaks parts.

As long as it gets me there in style, transportation, mechanically sound, etc. which those requirements are met, as well as it being somewhat decently fast, which is a great added bonus to me.

Its All Just Apples And Oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread