9.5:1 Aluminator Long block for my 2011 GT

Bad Intention

Established Member
Im thinking about getting a 9.5:1 Aluminator engine and swapping out oil pump gears to TSS. I really wanted to get a 10:1 engine built but after calling around and talking to some engine builders in South LA. non of them have much exp. if any with Mod. Motors. Im getting my P1 rebuilt to D1 so i know my stock motor will not be able to handel turning up the boost. The only car that i know of that has gone to the 9.5:1 Aluminator is Joe C. and they seem to have done well with it.

If anyone has any feed back or exp. with any of the aluminator engine's that would be great.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
seems like a lot of people are using them, cant really blame them, from everything I have seen/heard it is a good product.

Bad Intention

Established Member
I'm not a fan of the Mahle pistons that are in the aluminator motor.
Is it just because of personal preference?

seems like a lot of people are using them, cant really blame them, from everything I have seen/heard it is a good product.

I have been trying to find any info on any of the Aluminator engines and all i have found was good.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Is it just because of personal preference?

I have been trying to find any info on any of the Aluminator engines and all i have found was good.

The Aluminator is a great platform. Ford racing could have chose a better design piston for the SC Aluminator. The top ringland should have been set down to .300 from the top of the piston Not .180
Nothing to worry about if your not going to push boost through the ceiling.
If your going to push the boost through the ceiling take a look at JPC or Livernois 5.0 short blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread