ScoobyWRX

Established Member
Originally posted by mambaman
what kind of transmission?

Its a fully built Auto tranny. I doubt there is a manual out there for the WRX yet that could support the amount of power they are making and live to make more than one 9 second pass.

As for the 60' time, as soon as they post it on the Subaru forum, I will post it up over here. I would guess a 1.5 or 1.6 .

ScoobyWRX

Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
i may be wrong, but i thought the new body WRX's hit 9's like 6 months ago?

sweet car anyway:beer:

Nope. The first new body style WRX to hit 9's was this same car and they just keep getting beter times. I am not sure on how long ago it was when they first hit the 9's but I think it was less than 6 months, although I could be wrong.

ScoobyWRX

Established Member
Originally posted by JustA6Cyl
And how much did all of this cost you to do? Including price of the car?

Me? Nothing. ;-) But the ones that own it, I am sure it cost them quite a bit considering they used the best Subaru Engine/Tranny builders in the world. Most likely it cost them close to $50K all total. That is sayin they spent $25K on the car and $25K on mods.

ScoobyWRX

Established Member
Oh, and this car has a full interior!!! So that means that theorectically it is fully streetable as well. With a stripped interior this car could most likely run 8's. :eek:

Boost on This

Established Member
ScoobyWRX,
How good is the STI? More potential than stock? Can It produce more than the stock 300 hp? If so, how much?

JustA6Cyl

Established Member
In my personal opinion i think it cost more than 50K. Im thinking about 80K, seeing as probably everything on the car is brand new, and besides its an import, moding is always expensive when its Jap.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
That car sounds great too! Must be the boxer engine...none of the other high powered turbo 4-cyl draggers sound anything like that. Awesome!!

robiferretti

Established Member
Originally posted by ScoobyWRX
Oh, and this car has a full interior!!! So that means that theorectically it is fully streetable as well. With a stripped interior this car could most likely run 8's. :eek:

what is the interrior made of? lead? you couldn't take the interrior out of a stretch limo and take off 8 tenths lol:burn:

and as far as the car goes i can show you civics running 9's the car is not at all streetable, it has a built auto racing tranny, i am sure is running race gas and has none of the creature comforts of a daily driver... Subaru wrx's dont come in auto even do they?:shrug:

its a race car, call it for what it is, its not a daily driversorry but you asked for my opinion:read:

ScoobyWRX

Established Member
Originally posted by robiferretti
what is the interrior made of? lead? you couldn't take the interrior out of a stretch limo and take off 8 tenths lol:burn:

and as far as the car goes i can show you civics running 9's the car is not at all streetable, it has a built auto racing tranny, i am sure is running race gas and has none of the creature comforts of a daily driver... Subaru wrx's dont come in auto even do they?:shrug:

its a race car, call it for what it is, its not a daily driversorry but you asked for my opinion:read:

The interior and other things they would strip would end up taking quite a bit more weight off the car. Sorry, maybe I was exadgerating about it, cool your jets.

Wow civic's running nines. :bored: It has been done time and time again. The WRX has just made it to the 9's which is why it is significant.

And yes they do come in auto from the factory for your info. And I never said it WAS a daily driver, I said THEORETICALLY it could be driven as a street car since it has a full interior and has been driven on the streets the way it is many times.

Users who are viewing this thread