900HP & 1000HP Super Snakes

R1Lello

Established Member
Car can't hook with 500hp...yet alone 900hp.....yet they put the same stupid wheels and 275 tires...........oh joy, and I'm sure another $20000 profit for that package. Dumb!

ewingfly

Established Member
Im not sure if the stuff stated is included on the package but roger does say that particular car does have 11 inch rims and some 305s on it. Along with some other suspension stuff. Would like to see some times from that car.

But one thing is for sure...that car is insanely gorgeous. I love the whole look

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
car can't hook with 500hp...yet alone 900hp.....yet they put the same stupid wheels and 275 tires...........oh joy, and i'm sure another $20000 profit for that package. Dumb!

+1000000000000

bull3441

Established Member
Car can't hook with 500hp...yet alone 900hp.....yet they put the same stupid wheels and 275 tires...........oh joy, and I'm sure another $20000 profit for that package. Dumb!
it has 11" wheels with 305's

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
He said all that was added was top end stuff. How the hell is the bottom end going to hold up?? I thought that 500's start to give away at around 700rwhpish?? am I wrong or this thing going to be a ticking time bomb?

2Sharpie

Established Member
it has 11" wheels with 305's

Originally they said if they had 50 orders, they would mass produce the 20x11 wheels. I just got an email last week saying "apparently" no one would step up for the larger wheels, so they will only make (widen) the 20x11s in the Performance Shop --- but never got a response about $$$

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member

Just wait until the 'Ol Coot dies, then we'll see who's laughing all the way to the bank...Those registered Super Smakes, the one's left stock and not abused at the strip/track, will bring a fortune someday.

Now, anyone who buys one of them with the intent of beating the crap out of it at the strip/track, yeah, they're either dumb or just rollin' in cash.

DMotorsports

Established Member
He said all that was added was top end stuff. How the hell is the bottom end going to hold up?? I thought that 500's start to give away at around 700rwhpish?? am I wrong or this thing going to be a ticking time bomb?

My thoughts as well. Unless I'm missing something here.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member

I believe it's more like 800rwhpish on the stock lower, so yeah, 900-1000rwhp appears grenade material to me.

Where you stationed now, Chris?

breoland

Established Member
I think they can squeeze out some better numbers with the alluminum block. maybe the hp they are talking about is from the crank

R1Lello

Established Member
Just wait until the 'Ol Coot dies, then we'll see who's laughing all the way to the bank...Those registered Super Smakes, the one's left stock and not abused at the strip/track, will bring a fortune someday.

Now, anyone who buys one of them with the intent of beating the crap out of it at the strip/track, yeah, they're either dumb or just rollin' in cash.

Are you serious? No car, NO CAR holds value, maybe your grand kids might get some money back but then you're talking a gem that you didn't enjoy or put miles on.........wow, what fun is that? Buy real estate, in the long run, no comparison.:beer:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Are you serious? No car, NO CAR holds value, maybe your grand kids might get some money back but then you're talking a gem that you didn't enjoy or put miles on.........wow, what fun is that? Buy real estate, in the long run, no comparison.:beer:

Yes, I'm serious, and eventhough the current GT500 has been overproduced, the Super Smakes haven't, they may get a lot of press, but their numbers are small relative to the overall GT500 production and I have a feeling not many 900rwhp Super Snakes will exit SAI.

BTW, I never said it was a good investment, just that someday after Carroll Shelby dies, well kept Super Snakes will bring a nice return on investment and by the way things are going it may be sooner then you think.

Users who are viewing this thread