98 cobra D1SC max hp

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
I have a d1sc procharger on, it put down 452rwhp and 422 ft lbs about 9 psi at 5700 rpm on 93 so I am going to build a motor for it i wanted to know what is the max power at the wheels a built 4.6 can put down with a d1sc on 93 the pulley combo I is going to be a 7.25″ Mod Motor Harmonic Balancer 6 Rib 10% Overdrive and a 3.4 supercharger pulley the piston compression ratio is going to be 9.6:1

robvas

Established Member
ATI advertises the D1SC as "capable of supporting 925 hp", but with the right engine you can exceed that.

On 93 I would guess you're probably going to be octane limited somewhere in the low to mid 600's

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
ATI advertises the D1SC as "capable of supporting 925 hp", but with the right engine you can exceed that.

On 93 I would guess you're probably going to be octane limited somewhere in the low to mid 600's
so could it possibly make 650rwhp how many pounds of boost do you think it will make or push

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
16-17lhs on a D1SC sounds right to me as the sweet spot. I forget. I had a D1SC on my old 2001 GT. I was told it would be pretty maxed at 650w-ish maybe 700w. It’s been awhile.

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
On my old 2001 GT I had a 255lph with a boost a pump, 60lb injectors. I was only on 12lbs of boost. 93 octane. 450w. I thought about building the engine and all that but I wrecked it.
sorry to hear that my fuel setup now is pretty much the same that you had so what do i need to upgrade in my fuel system like what pumps and what lbs fuel injectors and do i need to upgrade the fuel rails and fuel lines

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
sorry to hear that my fuel setup now is pretty much the same that you had so what do i need to upgrade in my fuel system like what pumps and what lbs fuel injectors and do i need to upgrade the fuel rails and fuel lines
You’ll want to go to a return style fuel setup. Bigger lines. Probably bigger rails. Don’t go cheap on the fuel.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
ok and i was thinking 80lbs ev1 fuel injectors and for pump would a 450 lph be good or should i do dual 255lph or bigger
80lbs should be fine at 650w. I don’t know enough about it to know if 450lph will be enough. I run dual 465s at 700w knowing I will want to grow.

My personal advice is to do a twin setup in a return style system. -8/-8 will be plenty for line size. Even a -6 return line.

You going E85?

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
80lbs should be fine at 650w. I don’t know enough about it to know if 450lph will be enough. I run dual 465s at 700w knowing I will want to grow.

My personal advice is to do a twin setup in a return style system. -8/-8 will be plenty for line size. Even a -6 return line.

You going E85?
unfortunately not, due to the lacks of pumps in my area

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You should be able to make 600-650 before octane becomes the limiting factor.

If you have not bought pistons yet, go for something with less dish. The hp limit will still be the same but it will make more power under the curve.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a D1 on my mach 1

you definitely need to go 8 rib.

with all other pulleys stock diameter and a 3.5 blower pulley I made a little over 14# on a 10:1 aluminator motor and it made close to 650 on 93. I want to say max timing @ wot was around 14 degrees. That was with comp cams Xtreme energy nitrous/blower cams and I think it was the least aggressive set of the 3. E85 it made 715 with either 18 or 19 degrees max timing.

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
I have a D1 on my mach 1

you definitely need to go 8 rib.

with all other pulleys stock diameter and a 3.5 blower pulley I made a little over 14# on a 10:1 aluminator motor and it made close to 650 on 93. I want to say max timing @ wot was around 14 degrees. That was with comp cams Xtreme energy nitrous/blower cams and I think it was the least aggressive set of the 3. E85 it made 715 with either 18 or 19 degrees max timing.
ok question if i want to go e85 would i need to get a different gas tank because on the 98 the tank on the inside has a metal like film coating and was told i can't put e85 in it also is there no way on these cars to do a flex fuel tune and for the pump i found Division x dual pump hat(dual 465s) is a good one for this and what fuel injectors do i need to run if im on e85 what lbs or cc do they need to be

01yellercobra

Established Member
ok do they make all the pulleys in 8 rib like ac and power steering pulleys and the rest of the system
Get the pullies from an F150. I think you can use the pullies from an early 2000's model. You might even be able to find them at a junk yard.
ok question if i want to go e85 would i need to get a different gas tank because on the 98 the tank on the inside has a metal like film coating and was told i can't put e85 in it also is there no way on these cars to do a flex fuel tune and for the pump i found Division x dual pump hat(dual 465s) is a good one for this and what fuel injectors do i need to run if im on e85 what lbs or cc do they need to be
I've never heard that about the coating. I mean, the tank is metal. Why would they coat it with metal?

You'll have to go stand alone for a flex fuel set up. The stock ECU can't do it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

never heard that about the coating. Im running a terminator tank for the baffles and no issues.

I cant remember which dual pump combo Im running but theyre smaller than that and I run ID 1000s. I wanna say I was told 800ish would be the upper end on E85 with this combo.

the trickiest thing with the 8rib for me was the damned water pump pulley. The 8 rib kit I bought it was basically impossible to get the spacer centered on the water pump snout. I know some years have the long snout, some have the short snout, can't remember which is which but it wasn't tapered on mine anyway. We ended up machining the lip off the water pump pulley to run the 8 rib belt. I wanna say they discontinued them but I had picked up a stewart (i think thats right) high flow pump and the tapered snout allowed me to run the spacer.

They werent out or maybe not as popular at the time but I'd definitely look into a kit with a hobs switch or boost reference so it just runs one pump until you get into boost.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I run three 255lph pumps on my car. Two run full time and the third is on a Hobbs switch. It's a very simple set up.

Users who are viewing this thread