98 cobra D1SC max hp

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
You should be able to make 600-650 before octane becomes the limiting factor.

If you have not bought pistons yet, go for something with less dish. The hp limit will still be the same but it will make more power under the curve.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
what piston compression ratio is good im probably gonna just stick with 93 so 650rwhp max on 93 and what could it make with a higher octane fuel like 105

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Pump E85, but where I live it varies. It was tuned at 54%, so I have to make sure I mix it right with 93.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
No, still on the factory computer with a chip.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
880/793 SAE on a Dynojet @ 23psi and 19 degrees of timing. (twin 61's)

I've never had a supercharger, just turbo's. I jumped in the conversation just to support the idea of using a Hobbs switch if/when using multiple pumps.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
what piston compression ratio is good im probably gonna just stick with 93 so 650rwhp max on 93 and what could it make with a higher octane fuel like 105

I look at 10.5:1 or so.

You won’t get much more out of 105 race gas, but it will be a bit more.

You won’t make more peal power with more compression on 93 or even 105.

But again, you will make more under the curve so the car should be faster and more fun.

For the record, I am going to be at 11:1.

@GNBRETT wants to be Jake Paul’s reverse cowgirl.

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
I look at 10.5:1 or so.

You won’t get much more out of 105 race gas, but it will be a bit more.

You won’t make more peal power with more compression on 93 or even 105.

But again, you will make more under the curve so the car should be faster and more fun.

For the record, I am going to be at 11:1.

ok how about 10.1:1 or is that two low and ive seen on some setups is it necessary to have methanol injection or no

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ok how about 10.1:1 or is that two low and ive seen on some setups is it necessary to have methanol injection or no

my last combo was 10.1:1, went 9.5:1 this time around since its on 93octane and 15+# most of the time. Tuner and builder both suggested it, sometimes I wonder if I should have ignored them

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
my last combo was 10.1:1, went 9.5:1 this time around since its on 93octane and 15+# most of the time. Tuner and builder both suggested it, sometimes I wonder if I should have ignored them
why is that, did the compression ratio kill the setup or was it underwhelming and who was your tuner i know there is a shop called lamotta performance i went to there before in longwood my car was tuned there, in your opinion what ratio should i go for if i spin 15 - 18 psi on 93

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
why is that, did the compression ratio kill the setup or was it underwhelming and who was your tuner i know there is a shop called lamotta performance i went to there before in longwood my car was tuned there, in your opinion what ratio should i go for if i spin 15 - 18 psi on 93

I guarantee the car was livelier with 10:1 CR.

If it makes more power NA, it will make more power for every pound of boost.

You will be capped at 600-650 being on pump gas. But you will make more under that peak.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

I have a wide ratio magnum and 4:10s so it's really hard to tell honestly. It still gets down plenty hard. I made some changes and been fighting ridiculous belt slip issues so haven't been back on the dyno to make a fair comparison between the two combos.

Motor was built by MPR and tuned by kevin McDonald from JPC racing.

im not going class racing so not losing any sleep over it. Once I get the belt slip bs straight we'll dial in the e85 tune and throw some extra timing at it. Not the same as having more compression but it'll help

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
I have a wide ratio magnum and 4:10s so it's really hard to tell honestly. It still gets down plenty hard. I made some changes and been fighting ridiculous belt slip issues so haven't been back on the dyno to make a fair comparison between the two combos.

Motor was built by MPR and tuned by kevin McDonald from JPC racing.

im not going class racing so not losing any sleep over it. Once I get the belt slip bs straight we'll dial in the e85 tune and throw some extra timing at it. Not the same as having more compression but it'll help
ok do I need methanol injection? will i gain a little more power with it?

98Boostedsvt

Established Member
I saw this video on this 99 cobra its a old video but the car has a d1sc and put down 687rwhp and 590 rwtq on a 94 octane and methanol injection tune

Users who are viewing this thread