98 cobra with PS2 335/35/17 do they fit a 10.5?

SFlaCobra

Established Member
Hmm.....Depends if they are a true "335" or not. It will fit on the rim with some bulge, only issue is I think it will rub on the inside part of the tire. Someone will chime in hear with how to modify to make the 335's clear in the fender well.

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
I can barley squeeze a 305/35 and it rubs from time to time and I have a 10" and rolled fenders. I would like to see if you get it to work. You gOin to have to most likely roll and pull the fenders, spacer. Even after that, I think they are just to wide!

Last edited:

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
I have 315/35/17s right now MTs. I just found those on tire rack and thought HMMMMMM.
I would love to get them to fit Mine right now measure at 11.50 those would be 1 whole inch wider. I have a complete MM rear set up so no quad shocks or shit to deal with. I do think i'm going to try and tackle this in the up coming months. after some research. haven't seen in on the 94-98 bodies. I have seen in on some IRS cars!

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
I'm going to do some measureing I think with proper backspacing with the possible use of spacers this could be possible Michillen Pilot sport 2 come in that size if anyone else is looking to try, OEM on one of the Porsches.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I have seen pics of a bright atlantic blue 98 Cobra covertible with 335 BFG tires on 18inch Saleens.

Ill see if I can find some pics of it...

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
found some pics

1001243o.jpg

1021470.jpg

1021725.jpg

cimg2116.jpg

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
It really depends on the wheel backspacing etc. I run a 335/30/18 on an 11" wheel with no issues at all. I don't have rolled fenders and I don't have issues with them rubbing on the inside at all. I have very minimal clearance on the inside edge of the tire, but if it were to rub I could I massage the area with a hammer. It has touched the outside fender lip once, but my suspension is pretty stiff, so it doesn't happen much at all. I raised the rear up about 1/4" and it pretty much stopped any rubbing at all.

SVTContique

Honestly unless you are running north of 400whp you wont need anything that large, Rolling the fenders and worrying about them ruining your tires is no fun, im so glad i went with 295's

1998_cobra_vert

Established Member

Thanks for putting a link to my car and saving me the time of adding it lol. YA they will fit but it will talk some work. Rolling the fenders, flipping the quad shock and some hammering and cutting of the fender and fender wheel but they will fit. They will rub if you end up getting the car where all the weight is on one side when the suspension s full compressed. To get passed this I just put in drag bags. My car is lowered 2 1/4'"

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
Honestly unless you are running north of 400whp you wont need anything that large, Rolling the fenders and worrying about them ruining your tires is no fun, im so glad i went with 295's

Read sig! when nitrous is applied I'm at 664HP and 715TQ, Thanks for all the help guys Isn't the inner fenders some what structural? with this much power don't want to be cutting structural stuff.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Read sig! when nitrous is applied I'm at 664HP and 715TQ, Thanks for all the help guys Isn't the inner fenders some what structural? with this much power don't want to be cutting structural stuff.

:lol: I think you need all the tire you can get.. I removed quadshocks and went to side exhaust, and I KNOW I can easily fit a 335 in there with rolled fenders.. There's a ton of room with my 315's atm

beave

Established Member
I also have plenty of room with 315's on a 10.5" rim. My buddy had these on his car with 335 hoosiers as well without rolled fenders and still cleared.

aloo1

Established Member
I have 315 goodyear's. i'm running b springs and no quad shocks. I had to beat in the inner fender a lil and it rubs a little when taking a turn into a steep hill. My exhaust is super close but i'm gonna dump it soon so no issues there. and the bracket that hold some large rubber hose is pretty close to the inside of the tire. just bent that up a lil. But i do need to get my fenders rolled soon. then some boost to turn these things. only got them b/c i got an awesome deal on the tires and wheel and i needed new tires at the time. But man do they look great. only thing is i think they make my ass look fat....:)
-alan

Users who are viewing this thread