*99 Cobra Photoshoot* (Rolling Shots + 10-20mm Lens = Awesomeness!)

Predatorbird

Established Member
More pics added to the first post!

your car is probably jealous.....

Great shots.
His car is jealous mine gets driven more, so it broke down on him. :p

Such a clean car, glad to finally see some real pictures of it! I love wide angle lenses...
Thanks, I feel like this lens lets you get more creative with the shots.

Looks good, I'm digging the spoilerless look
It's hit or miss with a lot of people, but I like the look.

Jeez man, I had to click on this thread again.

LOVE IT.

What were your settings in A/P Mode for your closeup shots?
F/9.0, WB Sunny, ISO 100 and the camera chose the rest.

Must have the Sigma 10-20mm... Thats my favorite lense to shoot with and I'm hoping to have an 01 Cobra to take pictures of here soon :)
Post pics once you pick one up! :rockon:

Awesome pics man! I've always been a fan of your '99. You're repping us Rio Red guys well :pepper: :beer:

On a side note: I'll be picking up a set of black/chrome FR500's in the near future from O.E. Wheels. Wait for pics ;-)
I picked up my centercaps from there, nice group of people. I'm assuming you're not taking your car, I'd love to see the spoiler you put on.

Really nice photos but #3 is a knockout! THAT would be great framed for your wall. Great looking Cobra you have there. There is nothing NOT to love there. :)
Thanks! That was one of my least favorite pics I posted, but now it's growing on me.

Nice shots Adam! I need to get a 10-20mm lens myself.
Pick one up Kevin, you will have a lot of fun with it. Did you end up selling your car?

Predatorbird

Established Member
A few people have asked about the Dr. Colorchip, here's my thoughts on it. It doesn't replace a new paint job and the marks are still visible in the shade and if you're close to the car. In the sun and from more than a few feet away, it makes it almost invisible to see unless you know you're looking for the chips.

I bought the car like this, but have never had the time or money to get the front bumper resprayed. I bought the biggest kit they sell for $59 and had plenty of paint left over. The blending solution does a great job taking off the excess paint from your clearcoat, leaving the chip filled in. There are cheaper touch-up paints out there, but I think this is one of the better kits available.

I don't have any direct front end shots from yesterday, but here is a berfore and after to give you an idea...

Before:
IMG_1356.jpg

After:
IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

CLN 6R

Established Member
Nice pics.

I used to have a Canon 10-22mm. I liked it, and the shots were cool, but I think I just got tired of the distortion of car angles.

If you get bored, go out and try it shooting on Shutter Priority, but shoot at about 1/60ish, or even a tad slower. You'll have to make sure both cars are doing the same speed and you hold the camera well. This will show some more motion in the background, which I think looks pretty cool.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Absolutly AMAZING shots! I love your car! I wanna look more into this Dr. Colorchip, I've never heard of it, although my front bumper only has a few chips, I wanna keep it as clean as can be!

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
I picked up my centercaps from there, nice group of people. I'm assuming you're not taking your car, I'd love to see the spoiler you put on.

I was hoping to ride over there but I'm not sure if I can fit the wheels into my stang lol. But next time I'm over there we should meet up and do a photoshoot now that you're a big time photographer ;-)

Predatorbird

Established Member
bitchen ride and great rolling pics, you said you had a polished magnaflow rear, is magnaflow a stainless steel pipe?
Yeah, Magnaflow catback is all SS. I bought the catback used off here to polish the rear section and I parted out the rest of it.

Nice pics.

I used to have a Canon 10-22mm. I liked it, and the shots were cool, but I think I just got tired of the distortion of car angles.

If you get bored, go out and try it shooting on Shutter Priority, but shoot at about 1/60ish, or even a tad slower. You'll have to make sure both cars are doing the same speed and you hold the camera well. This will show some more motion in the background, which I think looks pretty cool.
I wish I used a slower shutter speed. This was kinda thrown together last minute, so I didn't plan out too well what I was doing. I had fun doing it, hopefully I'll get to do more soon so I can get better.

Absolutly AMAZING shots! I love your car! I wanna look more into this Dr. Colorchip, I've never heard of it, although my front bumper only has a few chips, I wanna keep it as clean as can be!
Look into it, the kit works good. Here is the link that sold me on it. Dr. ColorChip Review - A Paint Chip Repair System That Works | Benjamin Hunting - Freelance Writer

Predatorbird

Established Member
I was hoping to ride over there but I'm not sure if I can fit the wheels into my stang lol. But next time I'm over there we should meet up and do a photoshoot now that you're a big time photographer ;-)

You should be able to make them fit if you take them out of the boxes. :-D Anytime you want some shots let me know... although I wouldn't consider myself much more than a novice photographer.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You may be a novice, but you have a good eye for composition. Great shots, great lens. You made a great car look even better.

I like the second (B&W) shot and the third shot the best, but all of them were good.

Jim Snover

You should be able to make them fit if you take them out of the boxes. :-D Anytime you want some shots let me know... although I wouldn't consider myself much more than a novice photographer.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
your car is probably jealous.....

His car is jealous mine gets driven more, so it broke down on him. :p

:( It's true. I haven't driven the thing in forever. I'm balls deep in building a bar for the house, so that sucks up most of my free time. When I'm done, I'm going to try to pay more attention to the car. lol.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
:( It's true. I haven't driven the thing in forever. I'm balls deep in building a bar for the house, so that sucks up most of my free time. When I'm done, I'm going to try to pay more attention to the car. lol.

don't make false statements.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Thanks for the link! Also, what kind of tire shine are you using? I've had nothing but sling with everything I've tried and yours has the shine I want.

Users who are viewing this thread