[email protected] twin turbo

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Check the Nov. Issue of Super Rod magazine.

HP Performance www.turbochargedpower.com. took a 03/04 crate Cobra 4.6 motor, twin 57mm turbos, a set of Comp cams, an '01 manifold , 65lb. injectors, A-1000 pumps, a KB boost-a-pump & a FAST stand-alone mgt. sys. & got...

530 @ 4.8lbs. all #'s are crankshaft HP
670 @ 7.8
750 @ 11
830 @13.6
891 @ 16.2
990 @ 20.8

ADAQUATE....

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Joe King
Check the Nov. Issue of Super Rod magazine.

HP Performance www.turbochargedpower.com. took a 03/04 crate Cobra 4.6 motor, twin 57mm turbos, a set of Comp cams, an '01 manifold , 65lb. injectors, A-1000 pumps, a KB boost-a-pump & a FAST stand-alone mgt. sys. & got...

530 @ 4.8lbs. all #'s are crankshaft HP
670 @ 7.8
750 @ 11
830 @13.6
891 @ 16.2
990 @ 20.8

ADAQUATE....
Ummmm.....................SICK!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Originally posted by kaboom
A little off topic but are you Joe King the stickball legend???

I wasn't aware my "Stick & balls" had reached.."Legendary" status...I wish some woman would be more discrete....

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I want to go turbo :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Seriously though, I want to check out that article. Even though those are crank numbers, 530hp seems a little high for 4.8psi.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
black2003 - lol, after I posted over here, I saw the thread on modularfords and I thought the same thing. . "looks like I am not the only one who thought that"

It would be great if those numbers are not exaggerated. But a lot of times they are (especially when it comes to turbos).

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
black2003 - lol, after I posted over here, I saw the thread on modularfords and I thought the same thing. . "looks like I am not the only one who thought that"

It would be great if those numbers are not exaggerated. But a lot of times they are (especially when it comes to turbos).

T-minus 8wks and counting.....the "truth" will be revealed.

The "truth" =

-324cu-in Darton MID sleeved aluminum block w/valley reinforcing
-12cc dished CP pistons, Oliver billet rods, 4340 stroker crank
-billet oil pump gears, trigger wheel, etc
-ported and polished heads w/crower ss valves, stage2 cams, springs/titanium retainers
-2001 cobra intake port matched to '03 heads and possibly extrude honed
-BG king sumo pump and EFI regulator, -10 feed, stock line used as return, billet rails with FRP sensor retained
-HP twin-57mm turbo kit with Tial 38mm wastegates, Tial BOVs, and electronic boost controller

Stay tuned....

MJ

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Wayneo
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

How much was that aluminum block?

List is $3,500 for just the block with Darton sleeves.

There is actually one on Ebay right now for $1,399 (from SHM)

MJ

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'm not so sure that 530 at the crank is that far off for only 5lbs of boost. Right now I have 436rwhp, which at 15% loss is about 510hp. I still have the stock pulley. My only mods are CAI, exhaust and chip. This car will have all of my mods, plus cams, and with a turbo running less boost. Turbos are greatly superior to superchargers, let alone the eaton. Plus, I would think they could use an air-to-air intercooler, which is better than our current intercooler.

A long while back a company came out with a turbo kit for the 03 cobra, and they advertised that they could make the same amount of horsepower as a stock cobra with only 5lbs of boost.

earl lee

Established Member
i want to see the dyno sheet. as long as it dosent look like a supra, no power at the bottom, skyscapper at the top then cool

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! If those numbers are even close to the truth that is really awesome power. From a crate 4.6 4V to boot. What a motor!

vipergts281

Established Member
Not sure on this kit.

But I saw another TT kit that was actaully not too bad. If I remember correctly, with upgrading the Turbo's to 67 and adding a few extra goodies, it was something like $6,500.

But I would put some money into my engine first to support the new setup.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Wayneo
How much is the kit?

I paid $7k but with all of the upgrades (to 57mm turbos) for a tuner kit (no MAF, no injectors, no chip, no fuel pump).

MJ

Jpjr

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Wow! If those numbers are even close to the truth that is really awesome power. From a crate 4.6 4V to boot. What a motor!

Yeah, totally agree. But actually it makes me hungrier for a 5.4 in a Mustang. They really get a lot out of the current displacement, but we all know that a smaller motor making equal hp is working harder than a larger motor.

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
I'm not so sure that 530 at the crank is that far off for only 5lbs of boost. Right now I have 436rwhp, which at 15% loss is about 510hp. I still have the stock pulley. My only mods are CAI, exhaust and chip. This car will have all of my mods, plus cams, and with a turbo running less boost. Turbos are greatly superior to superchargers, let alone the eaton. Plus, I would think they could use an air-to-air intercooler, which is better than our current intercooler.

A long while back a company came out with a turbo kit for the 03 cobra, and they advertised that they could make the same amount of horsepower as a stock cobra with only 5lbs of boost.

turbos are more efficient, but not better since they need to spool.
also, air to water intercooloers that come on the 03 cobras/L's are MUCH MUCH better than any air->air like the supoercoupes had. WAY better

Users who are viewing this thread