A 2013 has run in the 9s?!?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yes Evolution Performance did it 3 weeks ago.

They havnt released actual mods because they have to be quiet about it until a magazine comes out.

Word is:
TB
Gears
Tune
Intake
Headers
DR's

Traincollector

Established Member
Spoke with Evolution, the TB is a Cobra Jet single blade, said it was worth 12hp over the twin 65mm, also the brakes were changed to accept the skinnies and slicks (not DR's), lastly the suspension was changed to Ford racing, not sure if shocks only or what. Hope this helps a little.

specizripn

Established Member
Ok thanks guys thats quite interesting. Well I guess they'll verify it in the Magazine release or afterwords, but thats an outstanding time for bolt-ons!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
You can bet they pulled a bunch of weight out of it too, but we probably won't hear about those mods.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You can bet they pulled a bunch of weight out of it too, but we probably won't hear about those mods.

They- and others at the track that day have already stated that they did not pull anything out of the car.

I am sure they will chime in.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
when is saw that car at carlisle it didnt look gutted at all.

i think they had a IW lower as well

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
What brakes were on the car?

Word is 2012 gt500 brakes, so that they could fit the drag wheels.

Remember- not everything has been talked about because of the magazine secrecy - but if you do a search in this section- there is an entire thread on it

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
They- and others at the track that day have already stated that they did not pull anything out of the car.

I am sure they will chime in.
lol...I don't know who the "others at the track" are, but I was there running one of my GT-R's and my 'notch. I was pitted 100' from the Evolution trailer, and yes, the car had all seats out of it except the driver's seat. Anybody stating otherwise is wrong. Period.
S.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
lol...I don't know who the "others at the track" are, but I was there running one of my GT-R's and my 'notch. I was pitted 100' from the Evolution trailer, and yes, the car had all seats out of it except the driver's seat. Anybody stating otherwise is wrong. Period.
S.

Well it's a good thing you were there to set the record straight

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Well it's a good thing you were there to set the record straight
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yes, I was there. And yes, I posted the same info in an Evo thread that day or the next and Evo did come into that thread and comment on the weight savings they saw with pulling the seats out and swapping the brakes.
The car was also on race gas.
:shrug:
S.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member

S.

Even with all but the drivers seat out, its not a "bunch" of weight.

This is wrong too.
The car had Strange racing brakes at all four corners, not '12 GT500 brakes.
S.

This is wrong too.

Users who are viewing this thread