a/c problem

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
ok so i drained some out so the low side so it was cycling. it would turn on and drop down to 20 then shut off. when it got back up to 42 it would turn back on. the pump was only staying on for a few seconds. the hi side wasnt moving much at all. i would say it was around 115.

That sounds like under charged but it shouldn't be from what you are telling us.

71catruck

Established Member
The orafice tube they had me put in was some kind of self adjusting one, I know it sounds crazy but that's what they told me. It's supposed to use less Freon. I think I'm going to change it out.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
ok so i drained some out so the low side so it was cycling. it would turn on and drop down to 20 then shut off. when it got back up to 42 it would turn back on. the pump was only staying on for a few seconds. the hi side wasnt moving much at all. i would say it was around 115.

That's how it's supposed to work. You're tripping the low pressure swtich at 20 psi.

71catruck

Established Member
Ya I know but it was only staying on for a few seconds not really enough to get cold. So I thought it might be undercharged. So when I went to fill it a little it wasn't even acting like that.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The wrong orifice will do strange shit.

Fords orifice tubes are color coded according to size if it is still the same as it used to be.
Make sure you have the correct one.

71catruck

Established Member
I put the gauges back on the car, the were equall at about 110 psi. I turned the A/C on the low side got down to 54 psi and the high side up to about 140-150 psi then the compressor shut off. If I cycle the A/C off then back on it just emidiatly turns back off.

71catruck

Established Member
Ok back from the field, thank God. So I jumped the low switch and that didn't work, same when I jumped the high switch. But I noticed my fan wasn't turning on. How do I diagnose this. And I should be able to jump the fan from the high side switch right? The fan does turn on when the car warms up though.

71catruck

Established Member
I plugged in my tuner and lowered the high speed fan to 180* and it turned on. So it's operational just not getting commanded by ac. Problem with the ccrm? I did have a bad ground awhile back and the ccrm was messing with the fuel pump and form.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I plugged in my tuner and lowered the high speed fan to 180* and it turned on. So it's operational just not getting commanded by ac. Problem with the ccrm? I did have a bad ground awhile back and the ccrm was messing with the fuel pump and form.

Blown fuse, or bad relay in the CCRM. The fan should ALWAYS come on with the a/c.

Users who are viewing this thread