A few tricks to racing SRT-4's

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
phucough said:
You must have the driver mod and he didnt.When my 05 SRT4 was stock I raced a couple of 05 GTs(stock)and walked easily.Now that im far from stock....I wouldnt even bother. :burn:

haha, the dudes you "raced" were probly talking to their girls with the A/C on not even looking at you. An 05 Gt will walk an srt-4...you can't be serious.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
haha, the dudes you "raced" were probly talking to their girls with the A/C on not even looking at you. An 05 Gt will walk an srt-4...you can't be serious.

Beg to differ.

I had an extremely good race in my stock SRT-4 with an 05 GT. In Fact, Girth, resident SVTPer and 03 Cobra owner was with me. The guy was driving the shit outta the car and he could NOT pull on me. Yes, it was from a roll, my car's strong point, but we went to pretty high speeds and I was right there beside him. :banana:

Last edited:

Balex

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:

You are incorrect.
-Brad

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
let's just have a big drag contest and see...top 25 modded street legal SRT-4's vs. top 25 modded street legal Cobras...Oh sh_t!! we better run, haha! lol

fibersrt-4

A top of the line neon
Established Member
half the srt's that came out of the factory arnt even street legal, to loud and most wont pass the sniffer. the othe have have removed their cats and im sure atleast half the cars on this site wouldnt pass an inspection either!

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
suprjagr said:
let's just have a big drag contest and see...top 25 modded street legal SRT-4's vs. top 25 modded street legal Cobras...Oh sh_t!! we better run, haha! lol

We all know mod for mod Cobras will beat us up take our lunch money and hang us out to dry. Whoever is arguing against that is outta their minds. It's 10 times easier to make huge power out of a cobra. Hell you get 25hp from a $159 FIPK!!!! Lets not even get to top mods, where 550hp kbs are common place.

fibersrt-4

A top of the line neon
Established Member
SVTullio said:
We all know mod for mod Cobras will beat us up take our lunch money and hang us out to dry. Whoever is arguing against that is outta their minds. It's 10 times easier to make huge power out of a cobra. Hell you get 25hp from a $159 FIPK!!!! Lets not even get to top mods, where 550hp kbs are common place.

agreed, i just like to have a car that not everyone has...then the ****tards in abilene started buying then :nonono:

phucough

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
"05 gts are big,heavy,slow turds" what a buddy of mine here in vegas who owns a 600+hp 04 Terminator said just yesterday at his shop.Ill borrow a friends stock srt and race any stock 05 gt you throw at me and OWN them.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
phucough said:
You must have the driver mod and he didnt.When my 05 SRT4 was stock I raced a couple of 05 GTs(stock)and walked easily.Now that im far from stock....I wouldnt even bother. :burn:
I'm gonna' go ahead and call bullshit here.
The fastest stock SRT4's are running high-13's with a very few squeaking into the 13.5-13.7 range...which is about on par with an automatic '05 GT.
'05 GT's have gone 13.3 with a 5-speed automatic, bone stock.
Well driven 5-speed manuals are mid-13 second cars.
So a stock SRT4 "walking" an '05 GT is :bs: unless the guy couldn't drive worth a damn.
S.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Have to agree. My buddy from college has an 05 GT 5spd and we raced from a dig and from rolls. He would pull about a car on me from 40mph to 125mph. My best run was a 13.8 @ 101mph while his best run was a 13.6 @ 103.7mph. I think that we are both better then average drivers so both bone stock the 05GT 5spd wins.

c:::[]::::::::>

Established Member
I have been in my friend's Srt -4 (b4tn) and I have respect for it. It is a pretty quick car, seems like it would be a blast to drive (but u know he would never let me. Guess its the same for my car tho too) The only thing I see him ever having problems with is traction. All-in-all I think the srt-4 is a pretty neat little car, mad respect for it, but in the end I would never give up my cobra for one. -end of story-

SVTullio said:

LMAO the only reason you guys have lunch money is because of fuel economy!

awdrocks

Banned
Theres two stock 05' manual mustangs and 2 str4's here at my local track and the 05 stangs beat them every time. Im not sure what the str4s have but they slightly modded.

PSI87

Banned
Hey, I was wrong about something. In theory my top speed should be 171. I actually topped it out last week on a dyno and it started backfiring (redline) at 162mph, so, if anyone wants to attempt winning that way, its not quite as hard as I made it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread