A little longer than temporary storage...

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
Thanks again for all the info, I'll see what I can do. If I take it up there I'll be sure to post some pictures and if I leave it stored...well...I'll figure something out. Thanks again for all the fast respones

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well I have stored cars for many years I have 25 28 of them. I just pulled one out after 17 years of storage. Dont have anyone start it, oil film is gone after 2 wks of sitting you will do a dry start better to do it once when u get back. When you do start it hold gas pedal to the floor. then tun key on DO NOT LET GAS PEDAL UP crank then do over and over till u get oil pressure. do cpl more times then let gas pedal up. Engine will not start like this. It shuts fuel pump off.

Let sit for a bit then start normal let idle.

Of course do the fuel stabil. change fluides before, Antifreeze Ph will change after sitting due to metals that can corrode the head gaskets because of the alum heads.

Put steel wool in exhaust pipes keeps the mice out.

Use dryer sheets all over and around the car NO MOTH BALLS stink stays with car.

vac car and trunk really good even remove seats front and back if someone ate in it. mice smell food mile away.

Differnt types of car bubbles out there but I would use a car bag with a car cover. Just clean and make sure the car is super super dry and use a car bag. They come with desicant bags. You can also score some from your local Harely dealer they ship new bikes with them. (realy big ones) heat in oven right before 300 degrees for about a hr.

I run my tires at 50 psi if your not going to put on blocks

also put steel wool in the intake for the air cleaner. those darn mice if they want can be nasty put dryer sheets in engine too.

Hope it works out for you.

3yrs really not that long for the car. Hmmm maybe im just old

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Longest I have stored my car is a year so it sat covered in my garage. long term I cant give you a lot of advice.

However, when you get to alaska NEVER, EVER say you "don't normally travel back to the states on my vacation time" or anything close to it. Alaskans like Hawaiians do not take kindly to someone that gives the impression they don't consider them "in the states". Refer to them as the lower 48 if you want to make a distinction LOL! if you go to hawaii refer to "the contenental 48" or something along those lines.

Hawaiians refer to the continental 48 as "the mainland"...

Users who are viewing this thread