evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Holy 2.5 year old thread bump...

tasdevl

Established Member
Having just come from an '06 STi, I too was disappointed by the look of the rear caliper - the STi's rear brembos are only 2 piston, and not particularly large, it seemed strange to not see a matched set. I doubt it would make any difference at all to braking performance, but it would look better :D

nengun-2136-00-sti-brembo_brake_kit.png

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I bought them, but I think they were a little less $$$ 3+ years ago, but not much less. Shelby added the front Baer Extreme 6 piston fronts to my car during the Super Snake upgrade, but the rears were only a Baer rotor upgrade. These Baer Extreme 6 piston rears were not an option when my car was upgraded, but when they became available, I wanted a set, for the "Bling" if nothing else. I wanted a matching look front and rear when viewed from the side. One thing I did notice, the 6 rear pistons are smaller than the 6 front pistons even though the caliper housing is the same size, so I would guess that is where the "balance" comes into play?

021-4.jpg

I did the rear brake upgrade when I did my axle de-rust/restoration......

020-2.jpg

^^^^^^I was happy to be done with that project!!

R

Carlos c

Established Member
Wilwood makes a rear kit and the caliper sits flush with the hub.
Allows you to keep a deep offset on the wheels.

brake_kit_140-10950-R-lg.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
LOL

My 2007 GT500 Griggs GR40 TT car uses OEM calipers on all four corners and rocks the road course. It's all about pads, lines, fluid and rotors IMO. :beer:

silly Van- you're talking performance not bling appeal.... :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread