ABS Module

02Stang88

Established Member
My ABS and TC lights are on in my 02 GT, which from what I understand is a common issue with the New Edge due to the wheel speed sensors or ABS module going bad. I took it to a dealership and they wanted over $1,000 to replace the bad module so I figured I'd be better off just buying one and fix it myself. My question is does anyone on here have any experience on changing one and if so how hard is it and any tips or tricks to get it done. Thanks in advance for any input :beer:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
a new module is pretty expensive, so either need to find one from somebody that did an ABS delete, send yours in to be fixed or buy a repaired one (I know there are places that do it but do not have any names handy)

not sure if they are in the same place but on my mach its located by the cooling fan on the pass side. On ours it is possible to unbolt the bracket it all sits in and remove the computer from the pump (i wanna say it uses security stars) and replace it that way. Otherwise you end up having to try to get all the air out of the pump

02Stang88

Established Member
I think they are located in the same place as the mach as well. Yeah I seen they are around $800 for a new but I didn't know the old one could be repaired. I'll have to look into that, might be a good option. Thanks for the help man

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i know it was mentioned on the Mach1 registry some places that you can buy a repaired one with a core charge and send yours in or just send yours in to see if it can be repaired (Id only send yours in if you can keep the car inside somewhere while its out)

Users who are viewing this thread