Accel-erate Your 2011+ Mustang’s Horsepower with Coil-On-Plugs!

AMDanBailer

Hey guys,

I wanted to drop by and show you guys something pretty surprising. Check out our testing of Accel Coil-on-Plugs on our Automatic 2011 GT!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJGzzuMhkNU"]2011 Mustang GT Accel Super Coil on Plugs - AmericanMuscle.com - YouTube[/nomedia]

We dropped a brand new Accel Super Coil on Plug Kit into our 2011 Automatic Mustang GT to see what kind of horsepower gains were left on the table. Rated at over 412 horsepower, you really wouldn’t think that there’s a ton of room for improvement by adding affordable bolt-on performance mods (besides the basic CAI/Tuner/Exhaust). Our friends over at Accel found a way to add as much as 10HP and 9TQ to a 2011 and newer Mustang GT or V6 in less than an hour!

These new Accel Super Coils, right now exclusive to AmericanMuscle.com, are a ridiculously easy way to squeeze every bit of performance out of your 2011+ Mustang 5.0L GT or 3.7L V6 without having to dig deeper in your pocket to add a supercharger, turbo, nitrous, etc. They drop in place in just a few minutes and still use the factory coil-covers and all

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
I despise seeing this spam crap on the forums. It really detract from the real and valuable stuff going on.

AM - why don't you stick to posting this garbage in your own sub-forum?

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I despise seeing this spam crap on the forums. It really detract from the real and valuable stuff going on.

Nobody asked you to comment.

scott_0

Established Member
if AM is a board sponsor, how is this considered spam? just curious, some of you guys hate for AM/Bama runs deep and is a bit pathetic and funny at the same time

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Conveniently worded spamming, "add as much as", meaning they make zero. None of these aftermarket coils added anything on any of the 4.6 or 5.4 engines, in fact they lost HP more often than not. This is nothing but an advertisement spammed into the tech forum.

Nor did they ask you to either buddy. This is nothing more than spam.

Vendors are allowed to post like this in the tech section every now and then as long as they don't over run it with adds.

They want to release a new product for a specific model then we have no issue with it.

When either of you make the rules then feel free to comment as you wish or do something about it.
Until then I suggest you keep the comments to yourself and stay out.

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
if AM is a board sponsor, how is this considered spam? just curious, some of you guys hate for AM/Bama runs deep and is a bit pathetic and funny at the same time

What they are getting at is that upgraded coils for a stockish newer engine is considered snake oil to a lot of experienced guys. Most newer cars with coil on plug come stock with coils that make anywhere between 50000 and 100000 volts which is plenty to light off pump gas at our compression ratio and rpm levels. But I haven't tested these so i don't have an opinion on the matter.

RTD

Established Member
What they are getting at is that upgraded coils for a stockish newer engine is considered snake oil to a lot of experienced guys. Most newer cars with coil on plug come stock with coils that make anywhere between 50000 and 100000 volts which is plenty to light off pump gas at our compression ratio and rpm levels.

It's snake oil to anyone with a brain.

Only way these ignition boosters would add power would be if the stock ignition was misfiring. Stock ignitions are more than up to the task of thoroughly burning the air/fuel mix, they have to bee or the car wouldn't meet emission standards, would get horrible mpg, poor driveability, etc. The Accels and MSDs of the world have been peddling this bullshit since before I got into drag racing during the 1980's. It was snake oil then and is snake oil now.

I will note that the ad is not strictly misleading however. It says "up to 10 hp". Zero is technically up to 10, and zero is what you will get.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Its a well known fact that the stock coils on a Lightning are the best performing and reliable you can run and I suspect that is also the case with the 5.0.

Id also like to know how just adding aftermarket coils increase horsepower.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Its a well known fact that the stock coils on a Lightning are the best performing and reliable you can run and I suspect that is also the case with the 5.0.

Id also like to know how just adding aftermarket coils increase horsepower.

a couple of the coils on my 00 lightning went bad after 50k miles.. haha

evolve

Established Member
Can you guys throw up a dyno overlay? I am curious where in the power-band it makes power (top or down low). Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread