Accelerator Pedal HORROR STORY

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it is absolutely B.S. that Ford has not addressed this. No way they don't know about it. It has happened too frequently for it to be an isolated issue. This is downright dangerous. Imagine the motor hung up at redline with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I just go ballistic when I keep reading about safety issues like this that Ford turns their back to. I guess they didn't learn their lesson from the Firestone tire fiasco.
:fm:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I think it is absolutely B.S. that Ford has not addressed this. No way they don't know about it. It has happened too frequently for it to be an isolated issue. This is downright dangerous. Imagine the motor hung up at redline with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I just go ballistic when I keep reading about safety issues like this that Ford turns their back to. I guess they didn't learn their lesson from the Firestone tire fiasco.

+1

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
I think it is a freak thing that that sensor goes bad. there is no way hitting the limiter a few times would eventually blow the engine. My car is stock, so let the dam engine blow with fuel in the oil.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Mine got stuck while going down the track. When it happened I immediately knew what it was from reading these boards.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
04mellowyellow said:
Mine got stuck while going down the track. When it happened I immediately knew what it was from reading these boards.
Now THAT could be scary! Trap speed of, say, 125 and the pedal hangs. The end of the track suddenly looks 10 ft. away. :eek:

eatonmufs

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Now THAT could be scary! Trap speed of, say, 125 and the pedal hangs. The end of the track suddenly looks 10 ft. away. :eek:

LOL. I was trapping 119 when mine stuck in my o4. Did it on the way home from the track same night while I was racing my buddies viper. I fixed that shit before I threw on the Kenne Bell. :fm:

Emil

Established Member
Happened to me, scared the crap out of me. Fortunately since these things really get going I only step on it if there is a bunch of room in front of me. I trimmed the carpet and things are good now. The funny thing is I knew about the potential and checked it earlier and thought it was impossible. When mine stuck I had a heck of a time unsticking it! It looks like it's only a problem if you trounce the pedal real hard, there is enough flex in the system to allow it to go down farther than it should. I also noticed that there is a slot and velcro right next to the gas pedal for the carpet to hook to. My carpet was not lined up properly for it to go in the slot and only the velcro was holding it telling me it was not aligned right from the factory.

Guys !!! Please check this and trim it if you are not sure or take it to the dealer to check it, no b.s. it could save your's and someone else's life!

cgg074

Established Member
Emil said:
... I also noticed that there is a slot and velcro right next to the gas pedal for the carpet to hook to. My carpet was not lined up properly for it to go in the slot and only the velcro was holding it telling me it was not aligned right from the factory.

Same here!!!

Emil said:
Guys !!! Please check this and trim it if you are not sure or take it to the dealer to check it, no b.s. it could save your's and someone else's life!

Good advice!!

jophis37

Established Member
a few nights before I put the my ported blower on, I was racing a buddy, and just like that the frps went out. Luckily, my buddy just happened to have one sitting around. Ford told me it's just one of those things that just happen, Then I a few days later I switch out my blower, go for a test drive and the throttle keeps sticking, I thought it had something to do w/ the ported blower, but in the end it was the carpet. OF all the things that go wrong w/ these cars, you'd think the carpet would be sucessful. What's nextthe cobra emblem... :bs:

cgg074

Established Member
jophis37 said:
a few nights before I put the my ported blower on, I was racing a buddy, and just like that the frps went out. Luckily, my buddy just happened to have one sitting around. Ford told me it's just one of those things that just happen, Then I a few days later I switch out my blower, go for a test drive and the throttle keeps sticking, I thought it had something to do w/ the ported blower, but in the end it was the carpet. OF all the things that go wrong w/ these cars, you'd think the carpet would be sucessful. What's nextthe cobra emblem... :bs:

Do you hit the rev limiter very often?

Did you have the Bosst by pass mod when it happened?

hoofbeat

Established Member
CobraBob said:
:shrug: Bob, i have a lot of respect for your knowledge on our cars but Ford did address this issue. There has been a recall in place for awhile. I received recall notice 06s43 on 6/8/06 for my car.Ford will install a shield on the brake pedal.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
hoofbeat said:
:shrug: Bob, i have a lot of respect for your knowledge on our cars but Ford did address this issue. There has been a recall in place for awhile. I received recall notice 06s43 on 6/8/06 for my car.Ford will install a shield on the brake pedal.

Did you notice the date of his post???? :poke::read: :read: :read:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
CobraBob in May said:
I think it is absolutely B.S. ...snip... I guess they didn't learn their lesson from the Firestone tire fiasco.

hoofbeat said:
Bob, i have a lot of respect for your knowledge on our cars but Ford did address this issue. There has been a recall in place for awhile. I received recall notice 06s43 on 6/8/06 for my car.Ford will install a shield on the brake pedal.

:D :p

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Why in hell do people insist on bringing old dead posts, especially ones dealing with subjects that everyone should know about by now, back from the dead?

-Jeff

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
if bumping this thread reaches one person who might not have gotten recall notice, then it was worth it

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Pictures of this unit (the new carpet guard) would be nice... ;-)

:??:

just go to the dealer and get your car fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread