Accufab TB Question

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Hey fellas i just bought a polished Accufab single blade TB brand new for a great price but after reading so many bad experiences should i even install the product or sell it for some JBA shorty headers?? Any and all comments are appreciated i'm really can't make a choice...:shrug:

bigmoose

Established Member
i have an accufan tb and polished plenum. no bad experiences here. what do they complain about?

+1, i have the same here with no problems. The drivability is decreased, meaning the on/off throttle point is more sensitive. However, it flows more air and the throttle response is much better.

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
I've had the accufab on my car for about a year now, and I have no problems. It idled a little high at first and I just replace the TPS sensor and it went back to normal. It works great for me though..

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Keep it coming fellas. Today after reading these few post i removed the stock throttle body plenum and i'm testing the voltage to install the tps sensor properly. That nut near the fuel rail was a pain in the ass to remove!!!

KILRSVT

Established Member
the tps voltage should be at .9v at close throttle and at around 4.8v at w.o.t. glad you came back to your senses. the accufab is a good deal better throttle response and feeds more air to the blower.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
i have an accufan tb and polished plenum. no bad experiences here. what do they complain about?

Ditto. My Accufab S/B TB works great. :beer:

However, my previous BBK Twin 65mm TB was a total piece of crap. My tuner could never get it to idle right...:nonono:

Black Sex

Established Member
i love mine..throttle response is awsome, and the sound of the blower is amplified, and they make a cool little whistle like a turbo right before the car starts to build boost if you roll into the throttle. No complaints here. I think they are bennifical in the hp department also. My car made great power and the tuner said he had never done a cobra with the throttle body and mine made about 15hp more than anyother stock eaton cobra he's done. He said it might have someting to do with that. Driveability is the same as stock.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Ok fellas as of now I think I'm keeping the TB sorry. I got up early this morning to install the TB and everything went well. I set the TPS voltage to .96 same as ford had it. Its actually looks HOT installed!!!! KillerSVTCobra you were right the throttle response is just ridiculous. My butt meter swears is a 15 - 20 HP & TQ gain. My only question is does anyone else accufab TB hang around 1,200 RPMS when you come to a stop?? I noticed that when i went for a drive after letting it idle for 15 min. It only hangs at 1200 RPMS for 3 - 5 sec then it idles normal...

Black Sex

Established Member
Ok fellas as of now I think I'm keeping the TB sorry. I got up early this morning to install the TB and everything went well. I set the TPS voltage to .96 same as ford had it. Its actually looks HOT installed!!!! KillerSVTCobra you were right the throttle response is just ridiculous. My butt meter swears is a 15 - 20 HP & TQ gain. My only question is does anyone else accufab TB hang around 1,200 RPMS when you come to a stop?? I noticed that when i went for a drive after letting it idle for 15 min. It only hangs at 1200 RPMS for 3 - 5 sec then it idles normal...

mine hangs about 1100-1200 for a few seconds also...it dont bother me as long as it dont surge down to the point of it dying

bigmoose

Established Member
the tps voltage should be at .9v at close throttle and at around 4.8v at w.o.t. glad you came back to your senses. the accufab is a good deal better throttle response and feeds more air to the blower.

according to accufab you should set the tps so the closed voltage is 0.97-0.99v

Users who are viewing this thread