Advice on having a set of chrome Saleen Speedlines refinished

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up a rare set of Saleen Lemans/Speedline wheels (USA spec) today for cheap!
They definitely need to be refinished. Anyone have any suggestions on where they can go, and any idea on pricing? I'd like to have them redone in chrome if it's possible.

PXL_20240107_195415951.jpg

PXL_20240107_195600460.jpg

LS WUT

Established Member
I know a guy down here. “Rim Doctor” he charges about $135 a rim. For a rechrome it’s a bit steep. I want to say like $225-$250 each.

Saleen498

Established Member
I was looking into wheel craft to have my saleens refinished in PVD "chrome". Lighter and the warrenty is longer. I havent done business with them yet so I cant vouch for them yet.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking into wheel craft to have my saleens refinished in PVD "chrome". Lighter and the warrenty is longer. I havent done business with them yet so I cant vouch for them yet.

I was just briefly looking into the PVD chrome earlier.
Can you tell the difference?
I assume it is cheaper as well?

I know a guy down here. “Rim Doctor” he charges about $135 a rim. For a rechrome it’s a bit steep. I want to say like $225-$250 each.

What does the $135 get ya?
And damn $250/wheel is steep for sure.

Saleen498

Established Member
It's about the same price. I think I was quoted around $1300/shipped for a set of 4 with $500 more if the chrome needs to be removed. I belove alot of OEM manufacturers switched to PVD due to the longevity

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I’ve seen chrome powder-coat as of late & it looks excellent. Years ago, it didn’t.
Actual chrome wheel plating can be short lived no matter how good you take care of them. Powder coat is durable & would outlast the car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you do go the powdercoat route, nationwide in methuen right off the old rotary does great work for a reasonable price.

Ahhhh. I was wondering about them. Would they strip the chrome as well? I guess I could just call them.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Bill at Nationwide. What a nice guy. He answered a few questions and gave me a quote of $135/wheel.
He also gave me another company to call, including a contact name (Kilby at 5 Star Plating in Lawrence MA). Kilby quoted me $75/wheel to strip the chrome.
Then Kilby gave me another place in Lawrence to call for wheel widening. American Electroplating Express, and ask for Jose. However Kilby was going to make that call and give me a call back to see if he can get a better deal.

Thanks for the tip @Saleen498

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I have used these guys before in the past on some 03-04 Roush S3 wheels:

Absolutely amazing work. I believe it was 225 a wheel shipped back.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have used these guys before in the past on some 03-04 Roush S3 wheels:

Absolutely amazing work. I believe it was 225 a wheel shipped back.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That's good to hear. I have them saved in my bookmarks for when I need to get some chrome stuff done.

Users who are viewing this thread