AED Review

Laloosh

Established Member
Ok here is a little background. I have been tuning my own cars for about 10 years now. Sponsored by companies, developing tuning, doing tunes on their behalf ect ect. With the Mustang and the american tuning world, I personally hate what is available to the public and what is not available to the public. I don't have the time like I use to research/purchase and play with all the available tuning aids for this car so I decided to just go with email tunes form vendors....and I went through my fair share of them. Over the past year or so I spoke with Shaun from AED several times regarding tips, just general bs, and the copperhead operations. Shaun was very open and helpful and has not seen a dime from me during these phone calls/emails. Shaun actually heard of me and for the longest time would offer help but did not want to tune my car in fear of his work being ripped off (understandable). Well I guess he got tired of hearing me complain about certain tunes or he finally believed me that his secrets would stay locked in the file. So I sipped the AED coolaid today.

I am not going to mention who I tried cause I don't want to cause drama however I will simply talk about what I have experienced. My car is a basic bolt on car power wise (JLT Intake/Boss Manifold/Lethal O/R x-pipe/Kooks Axle backs)

Driveability: Hands down AED, no surging, jumping, stalling, erratic operations.

Power: Peak gains I would say are very similar between the tunes I tried, however I would still give the edge to AED (this is complete opinion)
Power under the curve though (hands down AED)

Responsiveness: Hands down AED, not much to say about this, car is super punchy yet controllable.

WOT Shifting: Hands down AED. Ripping through the gears in my 3.31 car at around 7800 rpms has been effortless since the AED tune. This is the reason why i actually contacted him yesterday.

In conclusion if you have a NA bolt on 5.0, don't waste your time with other vendors;-) But if you like to waste your money, go try em all.

Mike...Shut it:rolling::rolling:
Shaun...Great Work.

Car went 12.1 at 116-117 pre boss manifold stock weight stock tires. I am planning on hitting opening day this weekend to see what I picked up wit the boss/aed tune.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike is me, I told Laloosh for a long time the superiority of AED tunes, LOL.

Let me know how you run at the track...still on street tires?

Mike

Laloosh

Established Member
Still on street tires, I have a personal agenda with running 11s on stock rubber and weight.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Cant go wrong with AED. Strong reliable tunes! And you can get ahold of him!

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Shaun is very knowledgeable and is a true enthusiast who likes to see other's get the most out of their cars!

I have talked to him on the phone as well. Very nice guy. :thumbsup:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I was just talking to Kevin (04sleeper) today about giving either AED or VMP a shot at tuning my car. My local tuner is over a month out on a dyno tune and I've had these parts sitting here since Christmas ready to go on. My wife is about to give birth to our new baby girl in the next few weeks. I'd like to get it done before then otherwise I'll end up having to wait for awhile after that.

CPRsm

Outstanding guy. Just got off the ph w him yet again, a little while ago. Has held my hand quite a bit figuring this ECU out and finding tables,etc. Can't say enough good things about him. Still trying to get him to tune my turbo cars though lol.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Outstanding guy. Just got off the ph w him yet again, a little while ago. Has held my hand quite a bit figuring this ECU out and finding tables,etc. Can't say enough good things about him. Still trying to get him to tune my turbo cars though lol.

Yeaaa, him tuning a turbo car without a F.A.S.T setup is very VERY rare if at all lol.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Another AED fan checking in!

He'll be doing my wifes Boss when we get it and retune my 11 when I get the power adder.

Fantastic customer service

Users who are viewing this thread