aerodynamics of a cobra

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
so how are the aerodynamics on an 03/04 cobra? Compared to say, a corvette? Does the Saleen mustangs have better aerodynamics? What could be done to improve it?

Slow99x

Established Member
Compared to a C5 or C6 Vette they are terrible in aerodynamics. Our cars are very "bull nosed" where the Vettes are wedge shaped.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
iirc in "Iron Fist, Lead Foot" they list the drag coefficient at like .32. A C5 vette is .29 if i remember correctly.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I'm sure the design of the front bumper of the Saleen helps with the intake holes and the vents on the side, but how effective it is in making it more aerodynamic or reducing the drag coefficient I'm not too sure. :shrug:

Front View:
Saleen1-2.jpg

Side Bumper Vent:
SaleenSVTCC.jpg

Rear Bumper Vent: (Ignore the red arrows and my brother in the driver's seat lol)
Saleen-1.jpg

SpectorV

Established Member
^^ you know there was a thread about this Vette Vs Mustang and how the Vette should pull it on top end... and well it simply didnt. (Pullied 03 cobra vs near stock pre 06 z06) you can youtube some vids or what not to see if you find the same results.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
iirc in "Iron Fist, Lead Foot" they list the drag coefficient at like .32. A C5 vette is .29 if i remember correctly.

^^ you know there was a thread about this Vette Vs Mustang and how the Vette should pull it on top end... and well it simply didnt. (Pullied 03 cobra vs near stock pre 06 z06) you can youtube some vids or what not to see if you find the same results.

Not arguing as it couldn't matter less to me, but if it's a mere .03 difference in the drag coefficient as thomas91169 stated then it's going to be very hard to tell the difference especially with all the variables in a street race.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
why do you care is a better question lol

besides of the obvious reason of information, and because i plan on adding a new front bumper in the near future. I like both the saleen and the cobra bumpers, so id like to know which one helps aerodynamics the best. That could be the deciding factor

Users who are viewing this thread