AeroForce gauge

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I just got my Aeroforce gauge with A/F & Boost analog sensor inputs this weekend. I'm having trouble setting it up, do I have to enter a numerical value to get the right a/f? It says something about this in the brief manual?

cobracide

Established Member
I just got my Aeroforce gauge with A/F & Boost analog sensor inputs this weekend. I'm having trouble setting it up, do I have to enter a numerical value to get the right a/f? It says something about this in the brief manual?

Try reading the whole thing.

You need to develop a formula for the line that describes the output of the A/F sensor. For example if you know your sensor reads the 0v=10 A/F ratio and 5v = 20 A/F ratio. The conversion would then be a slope of 2, with an intercept of 10. If X = Volts and Y = A/F then the line is described by X= 2Y + 10. Just put the points (0,10) and (5,20) on some graph paper and connect the dots if you need to see it.

Last edited:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Try reading the whole thing.

You need to develop a formula for the line that describes the output of the A/F sensor. For example if you know your sensor reads the 0v=10 A/F ratio and 5v = 20 A/F ratio. The conversion would then be a slope of 2, with an intercept of 010.0. If X = Volts and Y = A/F then the line is described by X= 2Y + 10. Just put the points (0,10) and (5,20) on some graph paper and connect the dots if you need to see it.
Dude are you kidding me? :dw:

cobracide

Established Member
Ok then don't figure it out. :shrug:

Come on.. the equation of a line is required 9th grade mathematics I thought. Get some graph paper, label an x axis as volts, y axis as A/F. Connect the two dots. X = (change in y)/(change in x) * Y + X. So.. on a Aeroforce (change in y)/(change in x) = the slope and the Y intercept is the intercept.

You are going to have to read this too..
A LINE

No wonder China is kicking our ass.

Last edited:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Ok then don't figure it out. :shrug:

Come on.. the equation of a line is required 9th grade mathematics I thought. Get some graph paper, label an x axis as volts, y axis as A/F. Connect the two dots. X = (change in y)/(change in x) * Y + X.

No wonder China is kicking our ass.
Hilarious!!! You insulted me but made me laugh out loud bravo. :beer: I've had too tough a day to get into a petty fight on the internet. You're prob right, I could get out some graph paper (you know most adults have graph paper in their house :lol1:) and figure this one out but I haven't had to do this math in years.

I thought this gauge is plug and play and move on. I thought when I bucked up and bought the A/F and Boost sensors that you just plugged them in and the gauge displays the numbers I need without me having to do some mathematical equation? I'm not a mechanic just a weekend enthusiast. I'm just bummed cause I had the gauge installed professionally at the same time I had a new clutch and accessories installed this past week. I just need to spend some time with it to get it programmed. I literally drove it home 5 hrs from shop and parked, haven't been in the car since.

cobracide

Established Member
Well come on then, I need some volts and A/F figures to start with if I am going to figure it out for you! Model, manufacturer?? :idea:

cobracide

Established Member
Hilarious!!! You insulted me but made me laugh out loud bravo. :beer: I've had too tough a day to get into a petty fight on the internet. You're prob right, I could get out some graph paper (you know most adults have graph paper in their house :lol1:) and figure this one out but I haven't had to do this math in years.

BTW.. You can make your own graph paper. : )

graph%252520001.jpg

Last edited:

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
dang our these gauges really worth it. ive been looking in to them and, ive read you just plug it in to the OBD2 sensor and go ... in my head im thinking this isnt righT!!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Geez guys I suck at math and made my wideband work just fine. There great instructions on how to properly set up the wideband, stop worrying about it.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Geez guys I suck at math and made my wideband work just fine. There great instructions on how to properly set up the wideband, stop worrying about it.
Great instructions? Are you talking about that tiny pamphlet with 1 vague paragraph telling me how to set it up? :shrug: For the money it should of been plug and play, what the F is the point of having to enter in an equation to get it to read the way EVERYONE wants it to read? It's brutal how you select options too, one wrong click and you've passed the parameter I want to change so I have to go through a hundred other options before getting back to the setting I want to change, BRUTAL! Eventually I will have the time and patience to figure this stupid thing out! Until then it looks good on my column with the brushed beezel and blue light :rolleyes:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
These are the ones that work and are correct on my earlier generation Dual Interforce...

1. IAT1- Intake Air temperature
2. CHARGE TEMP – Post intercooler air temp, 2003/2004 Cobra/1999-2004 Lightning
3. COOLANT TEMP 1- Engine coolant temp.
4. RPM1- engine Revolutions Per Minute
5. MAF SENSOR LB/M- Mass Air Flow (lbs/min)
6. MAF COUNTS 1- 1999-2004 4.6L raw Mass Air Flow sensor output (counts)
7. MAF Volts
8. THRTL PCT1- Throttle Position percentage (0-100%)
9. THROTTLE VOLTS- Throttle Position sensor output (0-5 volts)
10. MPH 1 – mile per hour
11. IGNITION ADVANCE - ignition timing advance
12. PULSE WIDTH 1- 1999-2004 4.6L injector #1 pulse width in counts
13. INJ. DUTY 1-7: percent of injector duty cycle, 0-100%. Same list as Pulse Width.
14. BOOST – Manifold air pressure displayed as in-Hg/PSI as a boost gauge would. Corrected by the barometer. Requires factory MAP sensor.
15. MAP KPA - Manifold Air Pressure (kPa)
16. SHORT TRIM B1% -short term fuel trim bank#1 (1996-2000 Ford)
17. SHORT TRIM B2% -short term fuel trim bank#2 (1996-2000 Ford)
18. LONG TRIM B1% -long term fuel trim bank#1 (1996-2000 Ford)
19. LONG TRIM B2% -long term fuel trim bank#2 (1996-2000 Ford)
20. OXYGEN SENSOR B1 1-O2 bank 1 sensor in millivolts
21. OXYGEN SENSOR B2 1-O2 bank 2 sensor in millivolts
22. BATTERY VOLTAGE- Alternator/battery output voltage
23. ENGINE LOAD-calculated Engine Load (0-100%)
24. FUEL PRESSURE - returnless systems only
25. FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE- returnless systems only
26. FUEL LEVEL % - Fuel Tank Percent Full
27. Miles Per Gallon – instantaneous fuel economy
28. HP 1 – 2000-2004 Mustang/Cobra
29. Analog 1 – analog input #1
30. Analog 2 – analog input #2
31. IGN ADV 1 – Ignition advance
32. BAROM – PCM calculated barometer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread