AeroForce gauge

nc_super_snake

Established Member
So i recieved my Aeroforce interceptor today for my 2003 kennebell cobra and i have no idea how to set this thing up..some of this stuff is over my head .....parameters and so forth..also does the extra set of wires have to be hooked up or just basically plug it in the ob2 port....im kinda lost..i have no idea how to set this thing up..the instuction manual is basically useless that come with the gauge...anyone care to shed some light on this for me..i feel like a DumbAss!!!!LOL!

RamboCobra

GET SOME!
Established Member
just plug it in to the OBDport and have fun thats pretty much it i have the dule setup and love it youll figure it ou as you go just press the bottons together for the menu and its all comon sence from there.:beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
thanks Bro..thats kinda what i though i figured the extra wires were for older models!!!

No, the extra wires are for extra inputs that the the computer doesn't read through the OBD2 port, like oil pressure, certain add-on temp senders, A/F ratio, etc.

gabe1530

Banned
just plug it in and start pressing buttons. thats how i figured mine out.

turn the car on.
press both buttons at the same time to show the menu
press left button to scroll down to 'setup'
press the right button to select the 'setup'
press left button to scroll down and select both p1 and p2 parameters (or do it separately for the upper and lower scans)
press left button to scroll down to exit and press right button to select it

it will now bring up all the parameters to choose from

scroll down with left button and select all the ones you want with the right button
when done select exit

to view all the parameters go back to 'scan' in the main menu

to change the start up screen just scroll down the menu and look for logo...
thats pretty much all you need. i havent exactly figured out how to set the shift light yet but im working on it.
have fun.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The instructions that come with the kit are kind of vague. It's best to print the whole instructions off there website if you haven't done that yet. There's a bunch of them so make sure you print the right one. I then highlighted all the perimeters that work on our cars and then proceeded to get them on the gauge, just takes a little bit of tinkering, but once you get it figured out it's pretty fun because there's so much you can do with the gauge.

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Ok guys either im a idiot or i have a bad gauge..this is suspose to be a plug and play unit and i cant get anywhere with it..i dont know if this stuff is just over my head and im not understanding it or what..i do know this when i crank the car the gauge doesnt power up on its on i have to manually cut it on..and once im in the process of trying to set it up..it cuts off...take not this is on a 03 Cobra it should be plug and play and set it up to what you want it to monitor...any suggestions..ive tried getting in touch with aeroforce but they dont have much for tech but to download a 25 page manual that basically got me no where.....Help Fella's!!!!

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
You may have a bad gauge it should power up on key on & stay on until key off,is this one of the older models or brand new?

nc_super_snake

Established Member
After reading on the faq section of the aeroforce website..i think i got a defective gauge!!!!!anyone else wanna chime in before i box this thing up and send it back??

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would call them first to verify and then send it back.

crazycarlo

Established Member
not trying to sound like an ass, but are you sure you ordered the right gauge. They have alot of diff ones and its easy to mix em up. Either way Id call them. Do you have a handheld? Try plugging that in to see if it powers up. If a handheld doesnt power up maybe it a problem with your obd2 port.

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Guys i wish i had a number to reach them..ive sent out several emails and got no response..yes the od2 port is fine i own a auto bussiness and do inspections so no problem there...as far as gauge i talked to Todd at aeroforce and he was suspose to send what i needed...i will say this there customer support sucks..2 days and no response on my problem..anyone have a # id love to call them..all ive seen as email cotacts..i even called lethal and steeda to see if they had a way to contact them and all they had was email as well....i just want a gauge that works!!!!

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
Mine has the Wideband and 3.5 BAR sensors hooked up to it. It doesn't power up immediately (it did initially before installing the analogs) but after about 10 to 15 secs it does or if I hit either button it will power up. Also doesn't power down immediately but I think it's because of the two analog sensors. Also make sure you are choosing the right platform. One is for the 03/04 Cobra and the other is for the trucks with Platform 1 being for the Cobras. Other than that they are pretty easy, especially if you don't have and analog sensors to set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread