After 13 years with the Cobra I decided to make a change..

ChromeCobra

Established Member
So after a few years of tossing the idea around and then backing away from selling my cobra I finally decided to go ahead with it and also sell my 03 mach 1 in order to buy something a bit different. Ive been a fan of Porsche vehicles for as long as I can remember and when I was in high school my mom had a Boxster. It was nothing crazy but was a whole lot of fun when she would let me take it out for a cruise. Fast forward 18 years and a few sweet cars and I found the Porsche Ive been dreaming of. Just after I got it we ended up being a sponsor of the WanaGoFast half mile event at heavings landing airpark in Clayton Georgia so I was able to bring her up there to see what she would do.

2015 Turbo S, Agate Grey exterior w/ Agate Grey Interior, full leather package, sunroof, Carbon Ceramic brakes, centerlock wheels, Tubi exhaust w/ hi flow cats and a Giac/Champion stg 2 tune for pump gas and for vp ms109. Car makes 575whp on the ms109 tune.

Sorry for the photos being sideways, I dont know why it keeps happening. Was doing the same thing on my for sale thread.

qn8cxe.jpg

n1chu8.jpg

656c5t.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome! Nice car. Must be beastly with that tune.
(I wouldn't mind a Porsche at some time in my life.)

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Very nice. A 911 is on my bucket list before I get too old.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
How do you like the PDK? Ive driven a friends 09 Carrera S with the PDK and loved every second of it. I couldnt image having 500+hp on tap with it!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Never ceases to amaze me how a car can have the same general appearance from the front for such a long time, yet continue making so many great looking models.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
That car is my number 1. Always wanted one above anything else. Drove a friend's 458 a few weeks ago and still left me wanting a 911 turbo. That is the ultimate sports car. You have arrived sir.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Every car enthusiast should own a German sports car at some point in their life. They just provide such a unique driving experience. Beautiful Porsche, enjoy her.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You had a really nice '04 Cobra. Great setup. Great power. Totally appreciate you wanting something different after 13 years. Fortunately, you made a GREAT choice. I know a local guy who sells Porsches. I've never owned one, but I'd love to. Your Turbo S is an awesome model. Man you're going to love it. I like the paint color, too! Congratulations!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yea, sold it a couple weeks ago to a gentlemen out of Illinois.

Why didn't you take it to the Porsche dealer and tell them you want a straight-up trade for the Turbo S?? You know how valuable '03/'04 Cobras are! You threw away a whole lot of money. ;)

Nice ride. I wouldn't mind having a Turbo S.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Congrats. I have always loved the 911TT. The S is even more drool worthy. Enjoy!

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. The car is plain awesome, so smooth but damn fast. With the launch control I was seeing 2.7 seconds 0-60. The Cobra was a much different animal and different fun. I already miss the rumble and the stick shift but I've been driving manual for 18 years so I figured it was time to let the computer do it for me. The handling is insane compared to the cobra and the brakes are like hitting a brick wall. The 4 wheel steering definitely feels different when changing lanes or in a tight situation, it will make a u turn in just over 2 lanes.

How do you like the PDK? Ive driven a friends 09 Carrera S with the PDK and loved every second of it. I couldnt image having 500+hp on tap with it!

The pdk feels great. It is instant and always where it needs to be in the rpm band. The best part is the downshifts and rev matching when coming into a turn, it won't let u over rev or miss a gear so that's pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread