alignment pull to the right...

fordplay

Established Member
I just got my alignment done becuase my car pulls a bit to the right. The guy at the place said the alignment was a bit out, but that he was able to get it back within spec. He also mentioned the tire is bad and pulls a bit to the right and i should put the tire in the back to stop the drift to the right.

I rotated this tire to the back and the car still pulls a bit to the right. Does anyone else have an issue similar to this? I have heard these cobras have a tendency to pull right...

Last edited:

fordplay

Established Member
I had never heard of this before, but the guy at the alignment place mentioned radial drift. Saying that the if belts in the tire drift a bit or misalign, it will grab more on that side and pull. Never heard of it, but whatever the cause, with that tire up front it ripped up the outside edge of the tire.

oldmodman

Established Member
Is there an explanation as to why this is?

Yes.

It's so that when you fall asleep, are texting, spreading extra mustard on your footlong sub, your car will pull toward the curb, not into oncoming traffic.

This might sound like a smart ass reason but that is the actual reason for the car companies doing it. And before you ask, cars made and sold for the British market pull toward the left.

Last edited:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Yes.

It's so that when you fall asleep, are texting, spreading extra mustard on your footlong sub, your car will pull toward the curb, not into oncoming traffic.

This might sound like a smart ass reason but that is the actual reason for the car companies doing it. And before you ask, cars made and sold for the British market pull toward the left.

My dad was actually saying something like this but i thought he was just trying to be a smart ass also.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Very interesting. I did not know this.

Yes.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol, another classic quote from this guy. my favorite guy on this board
try a NEW set of tires [and another alignment - you should put the car on the rack with the tires it will be driving on]

ask your tech if he's compensating for road crown then ask him to stop, if he is.

CADsnake

Established Member
Yes.

Are you sure about that? Is it the car company making the car pull one way or perhaps civil engineers who design roadways with a crown in the center and lower points on each side of the road for proper drainage? Roadways MUST be drained to have proper waterflow, so it seems inevitable that your car might pull towards a direction at some time or another. If you car pulls to one direction on any surface at any speed, then you have an alignment issue. If it only slightly pulls to one side once up to normal speed (above 20mph) then you might contribute that to curved road surface, such as a crown in the middle of the road. Refer to the first example in the picture.

fig9.gif

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
As much as we'd love to have that safety feature in the event that we fall asleep or text or play with our phones, shouldn't we have the alignment corrected so that the tires may ware evenly?

Users who are viewing this thread