All-New 2021 F-150 PowerBoost™ Hybrid: Torture Testing | F-150 | Ford

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder if that battery they had on the test sled is one of one on the truck or one of many. If its one of one I expected it to be much bigger.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
What I find interesting is that the truck that’s rated to tow 14,000 pounds is the standard eco-boost with 500 pound feet of torque, and not this new power boost which has 570 pound feet of torque. I’m thinking the batteries on the power boost add some significant weight. Almost like the aviator which tips the scales at about 5900 pounds

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Thinking of the hybrid system only as a mobile jobsite generator, I do see where it could be very handy. Also, electric AC and electric boosted brakes is a neat idea to still have those functions when the truck is off. Is there any sort of cylinder deactivation so that the truck can be running on only what is needed to charge the battery when used at say a construction site?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I asked this in the other thread but never got an answer. Could this power a small RV trailer? When I drove through the northern Maine woods and across Labrador there was plenty of places I would've liked to pull over and stay.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I asked this in the other thread but never got an answer. Could this power a small RV trailer? When I drove through the northern Maine woods and across Labrador there was plenty of places I would've liked to pull over and stay.

It should. You only need a 15amp hookup to run one AC.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

I believe there is info on the Ford site about what those outlets in the bed can power, the powerboost truck has a higher rating but I cannot remember the specs

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe i missed it, but what actual gas motor is in that one?

The idea of powering other things as a byproduct of EVs/hybrids is a huge pro, never thought of that before watching that vid.

Users who are viewing this thread