All Posi Ported Eaton Guys Come In Here.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
This thread wasn't made to argue with staff or anything like that.

I might be tossing a stockish Cobra motor in my car for the next year and I wanted to see what the average power was across the board. I can make money buy selling the 5.4 and the conversion kit and putting a stock unit in its place.

Also, Brian has some good information and I wanted him to post it in here but I forgot to send him a PM about it.

I would've brought it up in the other thread but since that OP was asking about Steggy's product I knew I couldnt.

This thread wasnt put up for any other intent.

Damn it Barry! I hate that you can edit posts that quickly!!! lol

It was an example. I know you wouldn't push buttons.:poke:

Yes, it is nice to be quick with the edit. lol

I already PM'd the info Brian posted to a few people who wanted it.

Hang tight, I'll post it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Is this what you were refering to?
This is what he posted,

Here's my take on things for ported Eaton's....
1. 500hp (upper only)

Mod's
Mass air meter help with a mafia or a dedicated SCT Meter. Fuel pump help also. You can do Twin GT pumps with the wiring upgrade or a KB bap with the wiring upgrade as well.

You can do whatever you want with this pulley setup and by running an upper only you do not have to worry about heat hardly at all. You also should NOT need injectors. It's the easiest and best bang for the buck. Car can run easy 11's.

500-520hp

2. 2.8/4lb combo or a 2.76/4lb combo

Mod's
Same as above but it's up to each person if they want to purchase new larger fuel injectors.

Now this is the most I would recommend for daily street driving which WILL BE STREET RACED. This is a great combo and close to the max pulley combo for a ported Eaton but there's still a little left on the table. You can still drive it and you can still street race it with no cooldown but I'd have an aftermarket heat exchanger and a larger intercooler resevoir to go along with it. You can still probably get by with stock injectors or have a good chance of them still being large enough for this.

Car can run anywhere from easy 11's to somewhere in the 10's like this. You can easily still run the stock ported throttle body and plenum combo as well but you're on the edge with needing a Dragon to pick up some more power. It's not needed though just yet. You do not need headers to run this combo either.

3. 530-550hp

2.9/6lb combo:rockon:

Mod's
Dragon, longtubes, Mass air help, fuel pump help, injectors, .....

Now with this you'll more than likely need injectors but if you run a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump you could still get by with stockers and plenty of people have with no issues.

You could still drive this daily and you could still street race it as well. The car will need some cooling though before a street race. If the car is hot then it could pull quite a bit of timing due to "high IAT2's or downstreams" and be just as fast as a ported upper only car for street racing.

On this one I/we recommend a ported Dragon throttle body and plenum combo and I would also recommend running some good longtube headers as well. This is the most I'd pulley an Eaton for because after this you will not pick up any gains at the track. We've tested more boost and there's just nothing there in the real world. The car will build heat to quick and it will also hit its hp peak lower in the rpm range which then will fall off faster after hitting its peak. Shifting will have to be dead-on and not over revved for the fastest times. There's about a 200 rpm window to find for each individual car.

This is the best and fastest ported Eaton pulley combo that we have found to date.
[/QUOTE]

See, I'm not a total asshole.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Thanks for bringing that post back and explaining why it vanished.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Yep it was my fault and I've told the mod's I was sorry for chiming into that other thread. An honest mistake but they did what they had to do none the less.

Sorry guys.

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Posi Race Port
2.76 upper/4lb. Lower
Accufab TB/Plenum
Modified BBK CAI
3-Billet Flow Idlers

508HP/528TQ @ 21DEG-Timing
18.5#s boost

Very Happy with results and the Whine! Had some belt slip up top probably from the 2.76 but now have a adjustable tensioner.

I have a ? though,, at the top of 3rd boost goes from 18 to 15 before i shift, but in 4th it stays at 18 till around 55k rpm or so, i think the gauge is off cause the dyno sheet show the 18# of boost all the way untill 6k rpm and falls 1-1.5#s boost to 16.8#s. or is this normal.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Can't be more than happy with my setup on Posi ported eaton car. Next will possibly be mac long tube header, o/r prochamber, and installing the pprv delete and a retune by Hermann. We will see if the stock injectors can handle it. My most recent hp and trq numbers are in my sig.

Power mods as now are as follows:
2.8 / 2lb combo
accufab single blade t/b
k&n fipk kit
BAP and wire upgrade
Mafia
billetflow idlers
Stock manifolds, prochamber, borla stingers
this was all done on stock injectors.
running 16.5 psi boost
I also have and afco h/e and personally fabricated larger h/e tank

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Dragon TB
Dragon Plenum
Posi Port
JLT High-Boost Intake
2.70 upper
4# lower
Borla stingers
E85 23* of timing due to maxing out fuel rails
Twin GT pumps
80# injectors
MAFia
560/531

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hmm why not?

Race Port 2.9/6lb combo
Ported Dragon
Kooks 1 5/8th's LT's
Kooks 2 1/2" o/r x-pipe
Quiet Borla exhaust
NGK tr6's
JLT RAI
60lb injectors
Twin GT pumps
Bap on top of those with wiring upgrade

6spd numbers

544hp (can't remember torque)

ET 10.78@130 or close to it

With FB Performance built 4r70w

HP 504

ET 10.51 @ 128.36

With NANO Nitrous .048" jet

ET 1/4 [email protected]:banana:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Hmm why not?

Race Port 2.9/6lb combo
Ported Dragon
Kooks 1 5/8th's LT's
Kooks 2 1/2" o/r x-pipe
Quiet Borla exhaust
NGK tr6's
JLT RAI
60lb injectors
Twin GT pumps

6spd numbers

HP 504

ET 10.51 @ 128.36

So Brian,

You trapped 130mph in your full weight vert with just the race port (NO NOS) ? Man that's awesome!

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
Hmm why not?

Race Port 2.9/6lb combo
Ported Dragon
Kooks 1 5/8th's LT's
Kooks 2 1/2" o/r x-pipe
Quiet Borla exhaust
NGK tr6's
JLT RAI
60lb injectors
Twin GT pumps

6spd numbers

HP 504

ET 10.51 @ 128.36

Brian are you on E85?

Sent from Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Quote:
500-520hp

2. 2.8/4lb combo or a 2.76/4lb combo

Mod's
Same as above but it's up to each person if they want to purchase new larger fuel injectors.

Now this is the most I would recommend for daily street driving which WILL BE STREET RACED. This is a great combo and close to the max pulley combo for a ported Eaton but there's still a little left on the table. You can still drive it and you can still street race it with no cooldown but I'd have an aftermarket heat exchanger and a larger intercooler resevoir to go along with it. You can still probably get by with stock injectors or have a good chance of them still being large enough for this.

Car can run anywhere from easy 11's to somewhere in the 10's like this. You can easily still run the stock ported throttle body and plenum combo as well but you're on the edge with needing a Dragon to pick up some more power. It's not needed though just yet. You do not need headers to run this combo either.

So Brian,
can you still run this combo with the stocl H/E and stock intercooler resevoir as long as you let it cool down before another run? (Cooling it by driving it at highway speeds for a couple mins.)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
So Brian,

You trapped 130mph in your full weight vert with just the race port (NO NOS) ? Man that's awesome!

It's not really full weight and some weight has been moved around and helped the car hook. Like the 5 gallon i/c resevoir in the trunk. Yes it trapped over 130mph on Eaton only and the 6spd. I'm pretty sure it trapped over 130mph with the auto and no nitrous too. I never trapped over 130mph with the 2.3 Whipple @ 22lbs lol. In defense of it I didn't prep the car and have the same suspension.

Brian are you on E85?

Sent from Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G

No sir. I had a tune for it blower only but I never ran it at the track

I wanted to see Brain hit that thing with a real mans shot of spray. :beer:

Lol I'm only going to attempt to go fast enough to be in #2 on the Eaton+Nitrous list. Currently it's a Steig car that had cams and some head work maybe? It was on a 150 shot from memory. To be in 2nd place I gotta run sub 9.83 in the quarter. I'd love to do it with the .048" or true 100 shot jet too. After this motor build my car is DONE and that's when another blower other than a ported Eaton makes it on there. So the Eaton is going to have 1 last short lived hoorah (Spring) and it's off there for good.

So Brian,
can you still run this combo with the stocl H/E and stock intercooler resevoir as long as you let it cool down before another run? (Cooling it by driving it at highway speeds for a couple mins.)

I would at least get a larger i/c resevoir before I try it. My car never back halfed at the track until I put the 5 gallon resevoir in the trunk. That's with a long cool down and one of True Forged's old i/c tanks under the hood.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
I would at least get a larger i/c resevoir before I try it. My car never back halfed at the track until I put the 5 gallon resevoir in the trunk. That's with a long cool down and one of True Forged's old i/c tanks under the hood.

Not what I wanted to hear but as always, thanks for the input. Maybe just a 2# lower? :shrug: I'm about to call off this wedding damn it.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
well im going to be adding the trunk mounted i/c tank also.. im gonna see what this ported eaton will get me this season on E85.. so who knows who will be holding that #2 slot on a ported eaton/spray.. lol

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Not what I wanted to hear but as always, thanks for the input. Maybe just a 2# lower? :shrug: I'm about to call off this wedding damn it.

You can run it like that sure but you just can't ream on it when you could with the h/e and larger i/c resevoir setup. If you ran that I'd move your shift rpm's down a little bit to keep some heat out if it's hot outside or if you're been in traffic. It won't hurt anything that's for sure running it with all stock equipment.

well im going to be adding the trunk mounted i/c tank also.. im gonna see what this ported eaton will get me this season on E85.. so who knows who will be holding that #2 slot on a ported eaton/spray.. lol

Shoot yeah that'd be fine with me.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread