All Posi Ported Eaton Guys Come In Here.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'll jump in :) .... 504 rwhp / 480 rwtq with my Stock Lower (that will change in 2012...4# Metco Lower already install & E85 going in the Tank!!!)

504 rwhp setup:
2.76" BF Upper w/stock lower
JLT RAI
Metco Pulleys - All 90mm w/Aux.
60# FRPP Injectors
KB BAP w/wire upgrade
AFCO HE
PFab Tank
EF Gen 2 HCM
Bassani O/R X
Bassani 3" CB
NGK TR-6's gaped at 0.032"
93 Octane Tune by Pete at Performance Dyno!!! :beer:

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
Shoot yeah that'd be fine with me.:rockon:

im just giving you a hard time! lol but im going to push my car hard this season to see what i can get out of it.. im just waiting on a few parts from mmr, then my engine will be back in the car..

nycarpenter

Established Member
My Posi Race port #s:
498 RWHP 490 TQ
2.8 upper only car
BAP, Mafia, flowmasters and K&N CAI.
This setup was bar none the best bang for the buck.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I just had my Posi ported eaton installed and tuned last week so I thought I'd share..

Posi port with 2.76 and stock lower, mafia, bap with wiring upgrade, bassani o/r x and catback, jlt cai, and stock injectors.

First pull was made with the stock tb and plenum and the corrected numbers were 496.4 hp and 487.8 tq, one more pull was made with the same setup and the hp was 495. Then my tuner swapped the stock tb/plenum for a Posi ported stock tb/plenum and the corrected numbers were 506.6 hp and 487.9. The tuning was done by Lee @ Blankenship Tuning and Performance.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I made 520/525 on 93 a few months back. 2.93/4lb lower with ported stock tb/plenum. 60lb injectors, BAP, JLT High boost CAI, O/R-X, and Borla stingers. Had it out yesterday and on 275/40/17 Nitto 05R's it wouldn't hook at all in 2nd. I have some nice twin, curved black strips on a back road hitting it from about 45-50. This was after laying into it three or four times to get some heat in the tires. It definitely felt strong.

da2k17

Established Member
posi port
2.81, 4lb
bbk LT, midpipe
comp cams
accufab tb and plenum
jlt ram air
triple return
.020 over
93 oct
520/520

on e85
543/540

on 93 and spray
620/700

Last edited:

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
I dont know if my numbers are lower then everyone elses or what. But i got my port last year. mods before port: afco h/e, 2.81 upper, NO lower, BBK longtubes, catless h pipe, spintech mufflers w/ dumps, jlt RAI, 6spd, 3:73 gears on a 28" tall tire and made 440hp/ 457tq (might be 1 or 2 off) on a Mustang dyno. I will say the best i ran this year with this combo was a 11.34@120.

Last year i did the posi port on blower and port matched the tb and plenum, put 80lb injectors in and made 460/460 with everything else being the same. Im only on 11lbs of boost both times but feel it should be a little higher then it is. Im guessing its the mustang dyno, and im guessing the timing isn't more then 18. Also tuned on 91. The best i ran on this combo was 11.11@ 123. But i did change some stuff in the rear suspension.

So did i really only gain 20hp and 3tq on a port? There is really too many variables to compare but i was just thinking about it and thought maybe some of the smarter guys on here could help me understand. Thanks!

Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I dont know if my numbers are lower then everyone elses or what. But i got my port last year. mods before port: afco h/e, 2.81 upper, NO lower, BBK longtubes, catless h pipe, spintech mufflers w/ dumps, jlt RAI, 6spd, 3:73 gears on a 28" tall tire and made 440hp/ 457tq (might be 1 or 2 off) on a Mustang dyno. I will say the best i ran this year with this combo was a 11.34@120.

Last year i did the posi port on blower and port matched the tb and plenum, put 80lb injectors in and made 460/460 with everything else being the same. Im only on 11lbs of boost both times but feel it should be a little higher then it is. Im guessing its the mustang dyno, and im guessing the timing isn't more then 18. Also tuned on 91. The best i ran on this combo was 11.11@ 123. But i did change some stuff in the rear suspension.

So did i really only gain 20hp and 3tq on a port? There is really too many variables to compare but i was just thinking about it and thought maybe some of the smarter guys on here could help me understand. Thanks!

Generally posi port is good for 50rwhp... What fuel are you running and what degree?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

If you get that timing up to 21 to 23*'s on some good gas that car will trap a lot higher. That could easily be another 20-25hp right there. You could pick up 4mph or more by what I'm thinking.

So in other words in your case it's the track that matters. At least that's how I see it.

If you have a doubt with the port I'll send you another one to replace it. Matter a fact my car is torn down and the blower I used to run a 10.51 in my car and broke 130mph with the 6spd and I think the auto is just sitting there. I've thought about selling it and just slapping another Race Port on it. All of our ports are the same so it doesn't matter to me.:beer:

What's the weight of the vehicle anyways?

Mustang dyno's are odd because their numbers can be all over the place.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Typically on say a 2.8 upper a car should pick up around an honest 40hp to the wheels by a Race Port and a ported stock throttle body and plenum combo, more rpm's before it peaks, and it will hold the power a lot better after its peak.

I could say you'll pick up 50-80hp but that means more things are being changed.

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
Generally posi port is good for 50rwhp... What fuel are you running and what degree?
Im running 91 octane pump gas. Thats the highest we got here in Nebraska. And for the timing im going to guess 18 degrees. But its been over a year since i had it tuned and ive completely torn the car down because of a tick that i have had the last 4 years since ive owned the motor. It will get a new refreshed tune this year so i will make sure i get all that info.

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
If you get that timing up to 21 to 23*'s on some good gas that car will trap a lot higher. That could easily be another 20-25hp right there. You could pick up 4mph or more by what I'm thinking.

So in other words in your case it's the track that matters. At least that's how I see it.

If you have a doubt with the port I'll send you another one to replace it. Matter a fact my car is torn down and the blower I used to run a 10.51 in my car and broke 130mph with the 6spd and I think the auto is just sitting there. I've thought about selling it and just slapping another Race Port on it. All of our ports are the same so it doesn't matter to me.:beer:

What's the weight of the vehicle anyways?

Mustang dyno's are odd because their numbers can be all over the place.
What would you say is the max degrees of timing you could run on 91? Thats all we have here in Nebraska besides e85 and i dont really want to switch to that because there isn't enough places that carry it for me to feel safe to switch and never run out of gas.

Nah man thats a hell of an offer and thats some sweet ass customer service but im happy with the port for sure. Just seemed something is kinda off with my car compared to others setups with your port. So i just thought i would ask. That 123 trap should have been a 10 sec pass but it was only a 11.23 so i dont know what happened there. I just need to figure it out. My car weighs around 3k. Never had it weighed but its close to my last car setup and it weighed 2885 or just over 3k with me in it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
What would you say is the max degrees of timing you could run on 91? Thats all we have here in Nebraska besides e85 and i dont really want to switch to that because there isn't enough places that carry it for me to feel safe to switch and never run out of gas.

Nah man thats a hell of an offer and thats some sweet ass customer service but im happy with the port for sure. Just seemed something is kinda off with my car compared to others setups with your port. So i just thought i would ask. That 123 trap should have been a 10 sec pass but it was only a 11.23 so i dont know what happened there. I just need to figure it out. My car weighs around 3k. Never had it weighed but its close to my last car setup and it weighed 2885 or just over 3k with me in it.

I know you can go 19*'s but I can't say for going any higher than that.

Why not just get a tune with more timing in it and throw a little race gas in the mix or a can of torco? I know people will bring up stoich points in the gas yada, yada but if you mix it your a/f ratio will more than likely stay the exact same.

I did it in my car for 4 years or so and never had an issue of the a/f ratio changing at all. Some of that was on the dyno and by mixing we still never had to change the tune.

It's an easy way to run 23*'s to get more power just for the track.

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
I dont have a way to really quick change my tune like a handheld would. I run a EMS Pro stand alone computer so i can just personally change it all the time. It would be nice and maybe i need to start learning the tuning process and all that so i can mess with that stuff. We only have 1 place in town that i know of that sells race fuel and its quite a ways away for mixing hence the reason to just stay tuned to 91. I want to be able to enjoy my car when im out driving around and not worry bout if i can find the next e85 station or make it to the station to mix race fuel. Also dont want to carry 5 gallons of extra fuel in the trunk. Just seems pointless and non enjoyable.

By no means was i here to bash on your port. Clearly ive picked up power / torque and even ran quicker at the track with higher trap speed. Just was wondering why mine seemed to be off. The port work is amazing looking and no doubt in my mind it was done right. Screams like never before. Guess i just need to swap some pullies and push this b*tch to make power. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread