Almost done !!! - HPP TT Kit...

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
whtcobra1998 said:
Do You Have Any Pics Underneath, What Did They Do About Your A/c And Abs Unit?

Both the ABS and A/C are retained with this kit... Pics of the underside will come soon !!!

JC

dryshot

600 ponies
Established Member
love the setup that is my future plan! How much in all would you say this ran you? I am looking to start doing this very soon.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
dryshot said:
love the setup that is my future plan! How much in all would you say this ran you? I am looking to start doing this very soon.

Expect to spend between $8-$10K by the time it's all said and done with options and such. Even more $$$ on the supporting hardware, engine, tranny, and chassis mods to support the power...

JC

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
360 Notch said:
JC did you install this ur self of did HPP?

I am doing the install myself ! It has been fun seeing the whole thing take shape...:rockon:

I am installing the boost controller inside the cabin and then I will finish the muffler install... After that I need to find a spot to mount the tranny cooler.

More pics tonight.

360 Notch

Modular Guru
Established Member
xtremejc said:
I am doing the install myself ! It has been fun seeing the whole thing take shape...:rockon:

I am installing the boost controller inside the cabin and then I will finish the muffler install... After that I need to find a spot to mount the tranny cooler.

More pics tonight.

ive been slowly doing the same thing. Im almost to the point of needing to go and buy the piping and turbos...

Ive done everything else to get the car ready... wish the weather would change so I can install the big ol fuel system I bought.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
360 Notch said:
ive been slowly doing the same thing. Im almost to the point of needing to go and buy the piping and turbos...

Ive done everything else to get the car ready... wish the weather would change so I can install the big ol fuel system I bought.

What does your fuel system consist off? :beer:

360 Notch

Modular Guru
Established Member
xtremejc said:
What does your fuel system consist off? :beer:

weld on sump, -12 to jacobson filter, filter -12 to weldon 2035 pump, -10 to yblock, -6 to each rail, -6 to either side of the aeromotive 5port reg., -8 back to tank

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
360 Notch said:
weld on sump, -12 to jacobson filter, filter -12 to weldon 2035 pump, -10 to yblock, -6 to each rail, -6 to either side of the aeromotive 5port reg., -8 back to tank

Sounds like a good setup... I have almost the same setup but I used a Weldon 2040 Regulator and Weldon 2345 Pump and Voltage Controller...

JC

360 Notch

Modular Guru
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Sounds like a good setup... I have almost the same setup but I used a Weldon 2040 Regulator and Weldon 2345 Pump and Voltage Controller...

JC

yea I have the dial a flow also, I think Im going to run the 83# injectors instead of the 75# ers.

blown up 98

Established Member
I am having trouble deciding on wether to go with a turbo or a procharger. motor is built for boost, cast block,forged internals, low compression. heads ported and polished with custom cams

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
blown up 98 said:
I am having trouble deciding on wether to go with a turbo or a procharger. motor is built for boost, cast block,forged internals, low compression. heads ported and polished with custom cams

Without a second thought, either a single or twin turbo setup would be my choice over and over... I have tried nitrous, blower, and now the turbos so without a doubt go for a turbo setup. After taking a ride in a few of my friends turbo cars my blower was for sale that same week if that tells you anything. My blower setup was putting down over 600 RWHP and was a solid 10 second car but this setup will be 100% superior in every way...

Turbo all the way... :rockon:

JC

blown up 98

Established Member
thanks for the input, i would like to be around 550-600 rwhp. i just want this to be mostly a street car. do i have to upgrade fuel system other than injectors with a turbo? the shop that built the motor said system should be good for around 600 with a procharger setup

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
blown up 98 said:
thanks for the input, i would like to be around 550-600 rwhp. i just want this to be mostly a street car. do i have to upgrade fuel system other than injectors with a turbo? the shop that built the motor said system should be good for around 600 with a procharger setup

You sure do. An stout fuel system is mandatory on any turbo/big blower setup if you want the car to stay together for any period of time... Never skimp on fueling your high HP car !!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
The front clip is back on the car... Only the exhaust and rear end rebuild is left... I can see the finish line !!!

139051.jpg

139052.jpg

139053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread