AM catalog: 03 Terminator with minimal mods, 500+ RWHP. What?!?!

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
So I got the new American Muscle catalog and the cover says check out one of our team members' Terminator with over 500 RWHP. Ok, I'm interested just to see whats up. Turns out the car has an intake, x pipe, cat-back, heat exchanger, pulley, and bama tune :bored:. This and it makes 508 RWHP, and its a vert :dw:. HUH?

So are they smoking crack? Or am I smoking crack for having more mods and over 20 LESS horsepower?

Thoughts?

Here's a link to her member profile, but not the article in the catalog: http://www.americanmuscle.com/kelly-2003-mustang-cobra.html

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I seen it also , it's a DSG owner is a women.

I didn't read through the whole article. but they seem to be promoting the bama canned tune

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
I seen it also , it's a DSG owner is a women.

I didn't read through the whole article. but they seem to be promoting the bama canned tune

Right, they just used the Bama tune and no tweaking and made 500+ RWHP. Really?

Read the article, it just doesn't make sense. Oh, but she has a Cobra R hood and aftermarket rims, maybe that's where she gets her HP from :rollseyes

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Ported Eaton?

Ported eaton or maybe e85/torco or something is what I was thinking. I know its just a ploy but I'm just making sure I'm not crazy. I'm one step away from e-mailing them to call BS or give me a true mod list. Enough replies on this thread and I'd definitely do it and send them the link.

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
you have too much time on your hands..... go rub one out or drink a beer lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There's always inflated numbers everywhere with "happy" dynos. It will never go away.

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree, but this is a lot of inflation, from one of our trusted vendors of mustang performance parts...

It's around 4% variation at 500rwhp if you're making 480. That's really not a lot. Different cars make different power under different circumstances - no two will ever be the same. Especially on different dynos.

Also - I don't think you guys know what a "canned tune" is. When you buy a device from SCT and use the tunes the provide that's a "canned tune". Bama writes a tune, you data log and send it for revisions. That's not canned.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
There's always inflated numbers everywhere with "happy" dynos. It will never go away.
Saw a guy move the inlet temp sensor from the filter to on top of the intake manifold, the atmospheric correction went way up and a car that originally put down 320rwhp now made 370rwhp

RAH

Established Member
I have a carbon fiber hood and more mods and Im not making 500 :loll:

Maybe its ported they don't have to say that because they don't sell ports.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw a guy move the inlet temp sensor from the filter to on top of the intake manifold, the atmospheric correction went way up and a car that originally put down 320rwhp now made 370rwhp

LOL now that's crazy.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
This thread is funny. Moving the inlet temp sensor oh man.

I think I can get to 550 if I slap a few of the right stickers on there.

Zemedici

Established Member
This thread is funny. Moving the inlet temp sensor oh man.

I think I can get to 550 if I slap a few of the right stickers on there.

this. lolololol

Higher IATs would mean less power due to car pulling timing, would it not?

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Morning Boys -

Kelly's here at the moment and just pulled this out of her purse - Yes, she keeps it with her at all times . I just wanted to note that what you're seeing here was not done on our dyno and was done at a shop local to her but we do have plots from Bama around and I'll track them down for everyone- The car pulls like a freight train.

333arod333 Let me know if you'd like to get Bama Tuned and I'll make that happen free of charge.

kelly%20dyno_zpszrr8renh.jpg

If anyone has any other questions, needs to see shots under the hood..whatever you need.. Don't hesitate to let me know.

Alex

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
In yo face hah ....not really

Matt -I'm just here to be as transparent as possible - I'm not sure where the discrepancy is she's had her car make pulls on 2 different dynos that had mirrored similar if not identical results. We don't need to flub numbers here, her Cobra is a factory freak!

So its got a ported blower. Case solved.

Zem - You got it!

Let me know if anyone needs anything specific. Cars here right now.

Alex

Zemedici

Established Member
why are you guys so worried about what someone else has done to their car?

Obviously if a cobra is making 500+hp on an eaton its ported or its on spray. Come on. American Muscle isn't the type of company that's going to lie about their modifications, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread