Am I just crazy....

BMA04LTNG

Established Member
Do people just not understand that I don't want to use my truck to move things?

I have an '04 with low milage and no flaws. I am catching a lot of crap from people b/c I have needed a truck to move big things. Besides if I wanted to I would have to take off my bed cover and find a place to store it.

Just wanted to see if I am just crazy, or do others feel the same?

:cuss:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
If it doesnt fit under my cover i dont use it.
Although when the L was all i had i did move my sister back and forth to college.
So no your not crazy

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
People kept asking me to move their shit, especially when I first bought the truck down in New Orleans last spring (post katrina season).

So I ordered a tonneau and thats been my excuse ever since. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go in, otherwise I don't care.

Next is to put in the rhino liner and some boat-carpet or something semi-light, and a hard tonneau. Then it wont be used for moving ANYTHING other than maybe a suitcase or gym bag.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
aren't they rated at 500 lbs. payload, so you couldn't move a lot of stuff for someone even if you wanted to.

BMA04LTNG

Established Member
Thanks for the posts guys.

Just to put a twist in the mix, what if its your own stuff to move a couple streets over. Tall things that you would definatly have to take the cover off.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
They can haul a lot more than you think in the bed.

I have 2 POS work trucks so the cover never comes off the L. Funny enough, a friend is borrowing one right now to move. I find is easier to have a POS to let them borrow for a long weekend then have to actually help them move.

Whats the old bumper sticker say?

"Yes, I have a truck and no I won't help you move."

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Put some of their small stuff in the back (non breakable of course). Then proceed to round the corner and light up the ass end. And just stay on it. Let the super charger whine like a baby. Then when they ask what they hell was that, tell them that how I haul stuff. Tell them your truck whines every time you put stuff in the back of it.

They will stop asking that is for sure.

BMA04LTNG

Established Member
I asked my brother, with a 88 gmc sierra that is a POS and used to be half mine b/c our dad gave it to us, to help me move a ping pong table to my new house. Beer pong! Thats when he gave me crap about having a truck and not using it. I then said that the tables taller than the cover, and he replied that he would help me remove the cover.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
hey man I made sure EVERYONE knew I was not putting ANYTHING in this truck except myself before I got it. Of course my dad had to make the first try...............hey buddy do you think you could help a friend of mine move some firewood? there was a long pause followed by You're kiddin right, then he burst into laughter........jerk :)

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
blklightningy2k said:
aren't they rated at 500 lbs. payload, so you couldn't move a lot of stuff for someone even if you wanted to.
Thats the tounge weight if you were to use the bumper to pull a trailer not load cap

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
03blklightning said:
Put some of their small stuff in the back (non breakable of course). Then proceed to round the corner and light up the ass end. And just stay on it. Let the super charger whine like a baby. Then when they ask what they hell was that, tell them that how I haul stuff. Tell them your truck whines every time you put stuff in the back of it.

They will stop asking that is for sure.

pure gold.

BMA04LTNG

Established Member
Well what is the purpose of having a cover and a bed rug if your supposed to get the bed all scratched up and haul things, i thought this was a "sport truck" that held the record for "fastest production truck". I just don't understand why it can't be kept nice like a sports car, just cause its a truck is :bs:

Users who are viewing this thread