- Amazing Deal, What Do You Guys Think? -

jrandy

Established Member
looks good but i have always been wary of ebay brand rotors. My bro bought some for his car, and they cracked. sent them in to the company, got another set, and cracked again. he went back to the stock ones after the second set.

SVT GI

Established Member
Here are a few i just took for ya. Phone does not do them or my car any justice, make my car looks like a ZY instead of SY. Also the pads have not seat yet is the reason for the marks. Anyway...

1012092002.jpg

1012091959a.jpg

1012091959.jpg

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I'll keep an eye on this, if they dont break I'll get them.

vickerw

Established Member
Yeah please keep us posted on these SVT GI. I hope they work out for you. Would like a set too, but always wondered how the cheaper ones would hold up.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
so for 170 bucks you get 4 rotors( front and rear ) and 4 new pads?

yeah......umm sorry...way to good to be true. I wouldn't trust that stuff on my car.

I think I'll stick with the Bear Decla rotors which I can purchase at autozone that come with a warranty:thumbsup:

Fat-cat

Established Member
I would not put drilled rotors on my car.. they stress crack pretty quick. Also have never heard of that brand name .... you get what you pay for.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
They are inexpensive for a reason... possibly mfg defectives being resold. If you're willing to gamble $170 though, you might get lucky. But like I said before I would pass... a broken rotor could result in a fatality.

mysterio

Established Member
Crossdrilled rotors are just for looks and as stated can lead to stress cracks. Be wary.

I've heard that from more than one source. But what about slotted rotors? I don't recall hearing the same cautions about them. Anyone got any feedback?

vickerw

Established Member
Just FYI, I asked them what type of warranty the rotors come with & this is their response. Hope this helps.

"Hello,
Brakemotive rotors and pads have a 120 day warranty against workmanship defects. Brakemotive rotors have a 1 year warranty against cracking when purchased with Power Stop brake pads. Warranty is valid from the date of purchase provided that the product has not been subject to abuse or misuse in its use or installation, or has not been subject to modification or alteration. Products must be installed per the manufacturer's instructions. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by negligence, lack of maintenance, abnormal operation, track racing, off-road use, or improper installation. The warranty is non-transferable. All warranty claims require a proof of purchase, and an RGA is required from Brakemotive for the return. Customer will be responsible for return shipping cost. Compensation for any warranty claim will be either store credit or replacement of a product of equal value. No additional fees for installation or any other cost will be reimbursed with warranty claim. Only one warranty claim is allowed per customer. Brakemotive neither makes nor implies any other warranty as to suitability for purpose other than expressly warranted here and is not liable for any form of consequential damage losses or cost."
Thanks Rick

Users who are viewing this thread