American Racing Long Tube Headers IN STOCK

91z28350

Established Member
Thanks Van for the quick turnaround! Headers arrived at the shop today, getting them installed and a dyno tune tomorrow/saturday. They look killer.

91z28350

Established Member
Got the headers installed and tuned up today. Car is running great, 570rwhp/567lb ft. corrected. Nice burble cruising, get on it and holy cow, this car screams! Can't wait to do the KB. Thanks again Van.

ZX6Ray

Established Member
Still contemplating this option... Bought a power package from Van for my 2011 svt pp (2.5 pulley/93 lund tune/off road x-pipe/127mm intake/afco dual fan HE/3x HE resevoir.

1) Wondering how much more HP would I pick up with these long tubes over what I have now to weigh the massive workload vs results...

2) What is it going to do to my power curve? Any torque loss at lower rpm?

3) Is it necc. to re-tighten the header bolts after a certain amount of driving miles (it is already a pain in the ass installing these lol)

Thanks!

91z28350

Established Member
30 - 40 rwhp is not uncommon. Also, you sure it is an afco he? Van usually sells the CR HE that he designed/co-designed.

SuperFly03

Established Member
Still contemplating this option... Bought a power package from Van for my 2011 svt pp (2.5 pulley/93 lund tune/off road x-pipe/127mm intake/afco dual fan HE/3x HE resevoir.

1) Wondering how much more HP would I pick up with these long tubes over what I have now to weigh the massive workload vs results...

2) What is it going to do to my power curve? Any torque loss at lower rpm?

3) Is it necc. to re-tighten the header bolts after a certain amount of driving miles (it is already a pain in the ass installing these lol)

Thanks!

The power and the sound from the LT is just amazing. I love ARH headers. Had them for 14-15 months and wouldn't change a thing.

If you want to know power curve...

2013-03-23164218.jpg Photo by TXSuperFly03 | Photobucket

That's my most recent power curve.

Power curve sans injectors, VMP TVS (incl 2.4" pulley and elbow), and BAP11:

DynoSheet4612.jpg Photo by TXSuperFly03 | Photobucket

The power down low is fabulous.

ZX6Ray

Established Member
The power and the sound from the LT is just amazing. I love ARH headers. Had them for 14-15 months and wouldn't change a thing.

If you want to know power curve...

2013-03-23164218.jpg Photo by TXSuperFly03 | Photobucket

That's my most recent power curve.

Power curve sans injectors, VMP TVS (incl 2.4" pulley and elbow), and BAP11:

DynoSheet4612.jpg Photo by TXSuperFly03 | Photobucket

The power down low is fabulous.

Thanks. Will be doing this in september/october when it cools down. Also you guys using locking header bolts or should I heat cycle the engine a few times with it up on stands then re-tighten?

Are the stock mufflers good to change out as well or can I leave them in?

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

30 - 40 rwhp is not uncommon. Also, you sure it is an afco he? Van usually sells the CR HE that he designed/co-designed.

He most certainly did not purchase an AFCO heat exchanger from me. Even though I could make more money if I sold the AFCO (because it costs less to the distributor) I have to stand by my principles. AFCO and Steeda both copied my original design. Yes, it's called creativity and Research and Development. That's what R&D really stands for. Not Research and Duplicate!! Neither company has ever publicly published data showing their product more efficient than my original! :bored:

Thanks. Will be doing this in september/october when it cools down. Also you guys using locking header bolts or should I heat cycle the engine a few times with it up on stands then re-tighten?

Are the stock mufflers good to change out as well or can I leave them in?

Use the header bolts that come with the headers and no need to heat cycle the engine. Stock mufflers are fine.

Just an FYI. I have another stocking order of American Racing Headers arriving the week of July 8.

Thanks

Van

Last edited:

ZX6Ray

Established Member
AFCO dual fan HE came with the car otherwise I would have bought one from Van. I have bought everything else from Van though! :rockon:

Way too damn hot and humid out in my garage and we have a family vacation coming up otherwise I would jump on this now. So sept/oct time frame is perfect.

Thanks for the advice and best customer service out there! :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
van what do you have for us 07-09 guys on American racing headers with an H pipe instead of the X pipe. thanks

Van@RevanRacing

van what do you have for us 07-09 guys on American racing headers with an H pipe instead of the X pipe. thanks

I have some coming in the week of July 8. The pallet is sitting at ARH but I'm on my way to North Carolina so I wasn't able to be there to receive.

A little vacation time but they are coming in.

Thanks

Van

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have some coming in the week of July 8. The pallet is sitting at ARH but I'm on my way to North Carolina so I wasn't able to be there to receive.

A little vacation time but they are coming in.

Thanks

Van

Everyone needs vaca time. Enjoy man

Van@RevanRacing

In Stock:

ARH Headers
BMR Suspension
JLT Intakes
SPEC Clutches
SCT Tuners
Gates Belts
Thump Tensioners
Barton Shifters (Call for Application)
170 TSTAT's
2.5 and 2.396 Upper Pulleys
Spark Plugs

and a whole lot more..............

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
Thanks Van! I'm exited to get them tomorrow and can't wait to see the results on the dyno Tuesday.

MattR

Established Member
Got the headers and heat exchanger Van. One question, are the headers supposed to come with any install instructions? Should I use the supplied gaskets?

Van@RevanRacing

Got the headers and heat exchanger Van. One question, are the headers supposed to come with any install instructions? Should I use the supplied gaskets?

Re-use your OEM gaskets or get OEM replacement.

There are not any instructions as each vehicle and or technique to installation is different. Best approach is to drop the k-member and lower the engine a little. Makes the job easier. Definitely do this on a lift. It's murder doing it on jack stands in your garage on your back.

Users who are viewing this thread