AMS just gave UGR some company...

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
They haven't even used the billet block yet in the car!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

procharged 99

Established Member
Ams has always produced some nasty cars but this is crazy. I wonder how much money they have in it.

laruei

Established Member
Ya I read that too, here is a pic of it

1002073_10151528645332881_1099301987_n.jpg

39031d1343633103-possible-tumblr_m6k5tchi7v1qfqgx9.png

mr2cam

Established Member
If this is actually how the car was run on the track (nothing changed) than that in my opinion is full interior!:beer: Impressive.

If that was how it was run at the track then it wasn't even close to legal, it looks like this picture was taken before the cage was finished.. I would like to see what it looks like now if it has a 8.5 cage in it.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
If that was how it was run at the track then it wasn't even close to legal, it looks like this picture was taken before the cage was finished.. I would like to see what it looks like now if it has a 8.5 cage in it.

*** VIDEO *** ALPHA OMEGA 7.98 and 8.25 Speedometer Videos & 7 second Vbox data - Page 3 - R35 GT-R - GT-R Life

"It was asked in another thread what the interior is like in OMEGA. Now bear in mind the passenger seat was out for our 7 second run but here is a pretty true to form series of pics of OMEGA'S interior:"

mr2cam

Established Member
*** VIDEO *** ALPHA OMEGA 7.98 and 8.25 Speedometer Videos & 7 second Vbox data - Page 3 - R35 GT-R - GT-R Life

"It was asked in another thread what the interior is like in OMEGA. Now bear in mind the passenger seat was out for our 7 second run but here is a pretty true to form series of pics of OMEGA'S interior:"

That cage is not legal at all.. I have a feeling they are not showing you something, I am a NHRA approved tech inspector and I also help with chassis cherts..

SVTCobra60

Established Member

Well wouldn't An 8.5 cage only require 10 pt? This car could potentially have that . But they ran 7.98 which would drastically change the look of the cage. There is no way this car had anything above 10pt. But that's what money allows you to do lol.

9699cobra1

Established Member

Nope! .. AMS clearly says in the gtr life thread that they had the mentioned interior pieces out for the 7 second run but they put some of the interior back in only AFTER people started asking questions about its gutted interior. So.. Everything that 95sc mentioned was out of the car at the time . Still a great pass though regardless.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
It's simple, don't say full interior if its NOT full interior. And yes, it would be slower with those things mentioned back in it and turned into a full interior street car. Which would no longer make it a 7 second car. Stop being a nuthugger

My rally car was lighter with full interior, vs no interior and full cage. Steel > Carpet

TheHitman™

Established Member
Nope! .. AMS clearly says in the gtr life thread that they had the mentioned interior pieces out for the 7 second run but they put some of the interior back in only AFTER people started asking questions about its gutted interior. So.. Everything that 95sc mentioned was out of the car at the time . Still a great pass though regardless.

I saw the car at TX2K13 and the interior was in it. Nothing removed from the interior, just a huge ass cage inside. Now I'm going to have to post pictures of it. It's almost impossible to pull out that back seat while the cage is installed.

Also if you read the comment that Eric posted he clearly stated that the only things removed were the passenger seat. The back seat stayed in place the whole time.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
Well wouldn't An 8.5 cage only require 10 pt? This car could potentially have that . But they ran 7.98 which would drastically change the look of the cage. There is no way this car had anything above 10pt. But that's what money allows you to do lol.

Actually I think now that they are in the 7's they are required to have a 25.5 cage, the main thing that I see missing is the door braces..

9699cobra1

Established Member
I saw the car at TX2K13 and the interior was in it. Nothing removed from the interior, just a huge ass cage inside. Now I'm going to have to post pictures of it. It's almost impossible to pull out that back seat while the cage is installed.

Also if you read the comment that Eric posted he clearly stated that the only things removed were the passenger seat. The back seat stayed in place the whole time.

Dude stop ... youre making yourself look like a fool .Here is a statment by the omega driver even saying himself he pulled the plastics and rear seats ..

" I saw the interior shots this morning and I wanted to clear something up. These pictures were taken Monday afternoon after someone asked about the interior. When I ran the 7 second run I had removed the back sets and plastics. I put the drag radials on and tossedthat stuff back in before I drove Omega home for the weekend. I think we will just leave it all in from now on. Yesterday I pulled the parachute, door bars and window net off to complete the street car transformation. looking forward to some quicker and faster passes in the future! "

Also , it doesnt take months to pull the interior, only a couple hours if that . I saw the car with my own eyes twice AFTER tx2k13 .. It really was missing all the things mentioned . What makes a car a street car and what doesnt is anybodys personal opinion but dont tell me this car was "full interior" when it clearly wasnt. It wasnt full interior at the half mile event in chicago and it wasnt full interior making this 7 second pass.

TheHitman™

Established Member
Dude stop ... youre making yourself look like a fool .Here is a statment by the omega driver even saying himself he pulled the plastics and rear seats ..

" I saw the interior shots this morning and I wanted to clear something up. These pictures were taken Monday afternoon after someone asked about the interior. When I ran the 7 second run I had removed the back sets and plastics. I put the drag radials on and tossedthat stuff back in before I drove Omega home for the weekend. I think we will just leave it all in from now on. Yesterday I pulled the parachute, door bars and window net off to complete the street car transformation. looking forward to some quicker and faster passes in the future! "

Also , it doesnt take months to pull the interior, only a couple hours if that . I saw the car with my own eyes twice AFTER tx2k13 .. It really was missing all the things mentioned . What makes a car a street car and what doesnt is anybodys personal opinion but dont tell me this car was "full interior" when it clearly wasnt. It wasnt full interior at the half mile event in chicago and it wasnt full interior making this 7 second pass.

I read it again and I stand corrected. On the other note it is still not a gutted out race car like 95sc is implying with this car. Now as for the question whether the car can still run 7's with the back seat in, that would have to be something up for discovery.

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Actually I think now that they are in the 7's they are required to have a 25.5 cage, the main thing that I see missing is the door braces..

That's what I was thinking (25.5), I was thinking they were just removed, although I know in some places that doesn't even quality as a 10 pt. if the door bars remove. But either way they aren't up to par on what they need to run that time.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
love how peeps just cant give solid props with out thier gay ASSS disclaimers

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Never though I would see a gtr go 7's.... mad props to AMS and everybody involved! This is a max effort car and it performed like one. Fully built motor, trans, differentials, suspension the works... It's no different then if you were to put 1800 HP in a new 5.0 with fully build everything! With that much HP and traction a good number can be put down..

right cause all platforms are equally as capable :bored: :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread