AMS just gave UGR some company...

61mmstang94

Established Member
full interior LOL :lol: gutted car with no seats [ one carbon fiber racing seat] , no air bags , no A/C , no rear seats, bare floor behind front seats , no center console, big hoses running inside the car for trunk mounted ice box , full cage .

car is fast as fu..k but it's far from being a full interior car

Ok I'm convinced the seven second pass is highly unimpressive For a 4000 pound car on 18 inch wheels. How lame that he took a seat out and some carpet. What the hell do you want them to do? run seven second passes almost 190 mph without a cage? yeah I'm sure that's smart.

Even with the aforementioned stuff put back on what's it going to go a few tenths slower? Car still bad as hell. Don't be a hater.

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Ok I'm convinced the seven second pass is highly unimpressive For a 4000 pound car on 18 inch wheels. How lame that he took a seat out and some carpet. What the hell do you want them to do? run seven second passes almost 190 mph without a cage? yeah I'm sure that's smart.

Even with the aforementioned stuff put back on what's it going to go a few tenths slower? Car still bad as hell. Don't be a hater.

It's simple, don't say full interior if its NOT full interior. And yes, it would be slower with those things mentioned back in it and turned into a full interior street car. Which would no longer make it a 7 second car. Stop being a nuthugger

61mmstang94

Established Member
it's simple, don't say full interior if its not full interior. And yes, it would be slower with those things mentioned back in it and turned into a full interior street car. Which would no longer make it a 7 second car. Stop being a nuthugger

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
full interior LOL :lol: gutted car with no seats [ one carbon fiber racing seat] , no air bags , no A/C , no rear seats, bare floor behind front seats , no center console, big hoses running inside the car for trunk mounted ice box , full cage .

My bad I thought I read somewhere that it did. BTW the back seat butt cushions weigh 3.5lbs each and the car still retains the OEM Bose stereo system.

61mmstang94

Established Member
My bad I thought I read somewhere that it did. BTW the back seat butt cushions weigh 3.5lbs each and the car still retains the OEM Bose stereo system.

Still......a 4,000 pound awd car doing a wheelie while running 7s @185+ on 18" wheels doesn't impress him since there's 75 pounds of weight reduction lol.

Besides, due to cage, bigger turbos, etc. this car tips the scales heavier than a stock R35 anyways. Aren't they like 3800-3830 stock? It's not as if this is some 2,500-lb shell with an engin.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Still......a 4,000 pound awd car doing a wheelie while running 7s @185+ on 18" wheels doesn't impress him since there's 75 pounds of weight reduction lol.

Besides, due to cage, bigger turbos, etc. this car tips the scales heavier than a stock R35 anyways. Aren't they like 3800-3830 stock? It's not as if this is some 2,500-lb shell with an engin.

Suppoosedly the AMS car weighs 3850. I wanna hear if the UGR car even had a cage? That vid of it running 8.3 looked like a private track rental and we all know there's little to no tech at those. It might have one for all I know but I've never read it anywhere?

9699cobra1

Established Member

Did I miss something? Where did he say the omega is unimpressive ? He simply corrected the guy that said the omega is full interior. Stop being a Nut Swinger.

earico

Established Member
Video of the speedometer on the 8.25@185 run.

Speedo can't keep up as you see it never hits 185.

[youtube_browser]vkWPYXyCC30[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Does anyone know if the 8.3 second lambo even had a cage in it?

Suppoosedly the AMS car weighs 3850. I wanna hear if the UGR car even had a cage? That vid of it running 8.3 looked like a private track rental and we all know there's little to no tech at those. It might have one for all I know but I've never read it anywhere?

I don't believe it had a cage. I vaguely remember Kevin From UGR saying it didn't have one, I could be wrong!

Lawl at people trying to say that this car isn't impressive.

Who has said it isn't impressive? Lol

TheHitman™

Established Member

Wrong!

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg

interior5.jpg

4.6pimp

Established Member
Never though I would see a gtr go 7's.... mad props to AMS and everybody involved! This is a max effort car and it performed like one. Fully built motor, trans, differentials, suspension the works... It's no different then if you were to put 1800 HP in a new 5.0 with fully build everything! With that much HP and traction a good number can be put down..

earico

Established Member
Never though I would see a gtr go 7's.... mad props to AMS and everybody involved! This is a max effort car and it performed like one. Fully built motor, trans, differentials, suspension the works... It's no different then if you were to put 1800 HP in a new 5.0 with fully build everything! With that much HP and traction a good number can be put down..

Crazy thing is Eric @ AMS is saying the car has more in it :eek:

61mmstang94

Established Member

Yeah, I think you're understating how hard it just might be to get 4000 l s and a 6 cyl to go 7s safely on 18s.

Slapping bigger turbos and building the trams and differential isn't even the beginning. They deserve some credit for putting that thing together.

4.6pimp

Established Member
Yeah, I think you're understating how hard it just might be to get 4000 l s and a 6 cyl to go 7s safely on 18s.

Slapping bigger turbos and building the trams and differential isn't even the beginning. They deserve some credit for putting that thing together.

I'm not trying to discredit them or the work it took for AMS to get it there.... I give them all the credit in the world for a bad a$$ ride... Just like everything else they will get faster and faster as time and technology pass

Users who are viewing this thread