AMS just gave UGR some company...

Poppacapp

Established Member
It's amazing what Shep did and so many years ago with the dsm platform. He's doing great things with GTR's now too.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Yessir... great guy to meet. I had the pleasure of hanging out with him, Marc Hallman, and Bill Lawrence along with alot of other OG DSM guys at Buschur's when I went to the shootouts. Miss my Eclipse.. but it was a headache.

M-Phibian

Established Member
I completely understand now, that makes perfect sense. However one more quick note/question. I see the rwd cars especially drag specific cars with slicks, will run faster 60-130 on a prepped track than out on the street due to traction, and that the awd gtrs, lambos and Porsches will run similar 60-130 times at the strip and on the street, however I know you mentioned earlier that if alpha omega ran 60-130 on the street it would probably be faster than what it just did at the track, now why would that be? I figured if the 2 times had any difference between the two, the faster time would have been on the track since that's the ultimate in traction.

Because shift points for a 60-130 run might be slightly different than what's best for a quick E.T. Also, when you do 60-130 runs in the street late at night, you typically get more runs in which increases your chances of running a record 60-130 time.

cclark

Established Member
Because shift points for a 60-130 run might be slightly different than what's best for a quick E.T. Also, when you do 60-130 runs in the street late at night, you typically get more runs in which increases your chances of running a record 60-130 time.

Ahhh I see thanks for the info man, I appreciate it. However, the better time coming from the street only applies to awd cars, not rwd or drag set up cars correct? For instance if someone took out their z06 or Shelby at night and did numerous 60-130 pulls on the street, their best time would more than likely be slower than a 60-130 time done at the drag strip?

M-Phibian

Established Member
Ahhh I see thanks for the info man, I appreciate it. However, the better time coming from the street only applies to awd cars, not rwd or drag set up cars correct? For instance if someone took out their z06 or Shelby at night and did numerous 60-130 pulls on the street, their best time would more than likely be slower than a 60-130 time done at the drag strip?

Totally depends on if they hook or not, which comes down to the power level. My best times in my Z06 when it was stock were done on the street. But yes, when a RWD car makes so much power that it can't hook at under 60mph without slicks and VHT, then it's best times will be done on the strip.

cclark

Established Member
Totally depends on if they hook or not, which comes down to the power level. My best times in my Z06 when it was stock were done on the street. But yes, when a RWD car makes so much power that it can't hook at under 60mph without slicks and VHT, then it's best times will be done on the strip.

Makes sense!! Thanks man, I appreciate the clarification and help. So with awd cars, the 60-130 time will usually be higher done on the street due to more attempts, night runs (cooler) and possible better shifting points than a quarter mile ET at a drag strip, however the times will usually be very similar between the two. Where as with a rwd car, it depends on how much power the vehicle is putting down, if its putting a lot down to the wheels I'm guessing 750-800+ than the 60-130 time will be quicker at the drag strip where the car needs hot slicks and VHT to hook and plant that power down, but if its under 750-800 rwhp, the 60-130 time will more than likely quicker on the street.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Anybody know the actual weight on the AMS car now?

glhs422

Established Member
"Thank you everyone!!! We are just floored! We hoped to hit it today but it was warm and the track was not nearly as sticky as Thursday. Despite that I Ivan stayed In nearly touching the center line. When the board lit up we all just flipped out. Tears were shed, hugs were passed out liberally. Now we are at out pit celebrating with some delicious libations!!! We are done for today but I'm sure we will be back. For now it's time to celebrate!!!!!!

Eric"

Congrats Eric!!!!

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I have known these guys for years, and I remember when they helped prep my first track car in 2003 (vid below). I can't say enough about them, or their designs. I tracked their builds hard for 3 years, drove them to and from the track, and was consistently one of the top 3 at any track i went too, and I wasn't the world's best driver. Having worked with some pro teams in my younger days tire testing for cup teams, i can tell you the level of skill Martin, Eric, and Chris possess is second to none, I would put them up against anyone. If they did CTS-V's, I would have already sent it up to them for a complete build, but they declined :(, probably because they have more work than they can do with their current stuff.

I truly wish them the best, and when I pick up another GTR, I can assure you it will be there before it even comes home.

cclark

Established Member
If someone were to tell me 10 years ago that a 4000lbs 6 cylinder Japanese car would run 7's at 186mph in 2013 I would have laughed in their face.. Wow..

I couldn't have said it better myself. The GTR is an unbelievable platform

bullitt2735

Established Member
found on the gtr forums it weighs 3850 so I'm guessing it weighs 4000 with driver. Also to clarify it was not on dr it was on an 18" slick, which from what they said they had to develope a special wheel to fit over the stock rear brake setup to get the slick on

mr2cam

Established Member
found on the gtr forums it weighs 3850 so I'm guessing it weighs 4000 with driver. Also to clarify it was not on dr it was on an 18" slick, which from what they said they had to develope a special wheel to fit over the stock rear brake setup to get the slick on

Ya I read that too, here is a pic of it

1002073_10151528645332881_1099301987_n.jpg

95SC

Banned
With gutted interiors, wheelie bars and a shitty idle.

Omega has a full interior.

full interior LOL :lol: gutted car with no seats [ one carbon fiber racing seat] , no air bags , no A/C , no rear seats, bare floor behind front seats , no center console, big hoses running inside the car for trunk mounted ice box , full cage .

car is fast as fu..k but it's far from being a full interior car

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Bitching about interior on a 7 second car is ****in gay.

Users who are viewing this thread