AMSOil fluid arrived and mounted the Racestars

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Rims/tires look great! What back spacing are those rims...5-1/2"? With the 8" rims you didn't have to relocate the rear swaybar right? This is the setup I'd like to go with, thanks

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Rims/tires look great! What back spacing are those rims...5-1/2"? With the 8" rims you didn't have to relocate the rear swaybar right? This is the setup I'd like to go with, thanks

Backspacing on the wheels is 134mm(5.3"). No relocation just bolted them right up, as Unleashed Beast said above the lugs and washers from race star are a bit cheap as far as quality goes. I should have some pictures of everything off after one use today.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Backspacing on the wheels is 134mm(5.3"). No relocation just bolted them right up, as Unleashed Beast said above the lugs and washers from race star are a bit cheap as far as quality goes. I should have some pictures of everything off after one use today.

I think after I used the same cheap lugs and washers the second or third time, they really looked like crap. Chipping, rusting, cutting into the washer, washer bending in, etc.

Just fail, simply fail!

I could tell a difference with the McGard stuff installing them the first time. The washer fit perfect, no more twisting off center in the hole, no more cutting into the washer, no more binding, etc...

McGard is the shiznit!

Last edited:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
I can't wait for my lugs and washers to come in and spring time to test the new setup out:rockon::rockon:. I did notice a bit of rubbing on my passenger rear fender and the tire. I should have some pictures up tonight after they are off. May have to switch to the stock rear spring, not a big deal since I was already playing around with the idea in my head.

Anyone run into rubbing issues when running the 15x8 racestars with 275-60-r15 MT ET Streets and the FRPP K Springs? Looks like it would only happen on a hard launch or a pretty bad bump.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
My 325/50/15 M&H drag radials do not rub on the hit, and my custom spring setup is very low in the rear.

Does it only rub on one side, or both?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Congrats on some fine synthetic lubricants.
The wheels look awesome. I wish my rear Welds would get here. They have been on back order since November.

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
My 325/50/15 M&H drag radials do not rub on the hit, and my custom spring setup is very low in the rear.

Does it only rub on one side, or both?

Looks like it only rubbed on the passenger side, I am thinking its when I went over this huge drop in the road turning into work:nonono:.

Took the race stars off last night and already after one use you can see chipping and scarring on the washers. Which I assume is normal to an extent since you are pressing a lug against there to create a seal, but not this bad. During removal the supplied socket kept sticking to the lugs so I would have to re tighten the lug on a bit and tap off the socket, this happened on about 6 of 10 lugs. :bash:

I will say I don't know which looks better the wheels off or on the car, they just look so good!

Here are a few pictures of the washers. They are from my phone which up close does not do so well.

IMG_20120110_193150.jpg

IMG_20120110_193239.jpg

IMG_20120110_193252.jpg

... and for some fun, my brothers answer to my 275-60 ET Streets, 305-45 ET Street 2.

IMG_20120110_193016.jpg

:beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I told you the washers and lugs were crap. They are already showing signs of wear after the first use. Wait until a few uses, eeekkkk!!

I see your brother has the same color GT500 I do.

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Its really impressive how fast they chipped and scuffed. I was thinking there would be a little bit. Thanks again for the heads up on the lugs!

Yeah its all stock except for the tires...Low End Torque and the long gears on the GT500 feels insane. Can't imagine what that TVS on yours feels like....:eek::burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread