An Amazing build coming to the Texas Mile. I think he's going for the record. WOW

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
I've been following Fischer Motorsports for a while now and they keep on coming out with innovative parts that is simply epic. This build has a lot into it including a crazy fuel system, Motec and This crazy Kenne Bell 4.2 setup with a Tial wastegate.
4D33A74C-1D76-4FED-9559-E32E0944EDC7_zpswxzpo87b.jpg

A085B7A4-94D4-4A82-AE7A-710AF0E6F67F_zpsiqu3qtpy.jpg

B1B4BE9F-AEEB-4F69-BB99-EE25B5FF8F0A_zps31jcnfst.png

C022ACBD-6166-4FB5-982D-B47C50952B34_zpsaqfpf12v.jpg

6ED79D48-7EB7-4503-953E-6D69146CEC31_zpsf3morrof.jpg

AAAF5EF6-969C-4098-8C2B-425C9792FF9B_zpsiylfiacg.jpg

When I asked him about the tial wastegate, this is his response:
Boost control.

Screws are known for their very impressive boost response. On a big screw that is pullied for higher boost levels as this one is... It makes the lower gears and throttle tip in prone to excessive wheel spin.

This device we've built, coupled with a MoTeC, allows us to manage power more appropriately by turning down boost in lower gears and up progressively as we work into higher gears. It also allows us to control the rate of the boost curve as it comes up.

It's about making big power but controlling it... You can have all the power in the world... If the tires are spinning, you're going no where.

This is very exciting, It is the first time I've seen anyone do electronic boost controlling with a positive displacement blower. Paired with the motec engine management this blower is going to be much more streetable while still being able to make the high boost power with a smaller pulley. This is going to be crazy awesome.

GT500's at the Texas Mile are going to be shaken up with this beast. I think it might take the record for GT500's.......

Last edited:

bFoxGt500

Established Member
I will be on the watch for it while there. I'll be there and won't be setting any records, except for a personal one - far from some of these. Very intersting technology. If I get the chance, I'll try to talk to them/ Thanks for the post.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
that looks nasty for sure, with all that custom work, I'm surprised they didn't do more with the intake.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That's awesome. I like the idea of controlling boost on a big SC.

I ran a wastegate on my F1C Procharger, and it was a really great setup. But that was to build more low end power, not take it away.

Last edited:

mustang loco

Established Member
This is very exciting, It is the first time I've seen anyone do electronic boost controlling with a positive displacement blower. Paired with the motec engine management this blower is going to be much more streetable while still being able to make the high boost power with a smaller pulley.

That's a very cool & awsome set up,can't wait to see/hear more about the outcome at Texas Mile..thx for sharing!!

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words... very glad you like our work.

The car works very well... runs hard even with it's very soft current tune up. We only got 2 shake down passes and two easy full pulls in before the event was rained out. We were eager to continue to step it up and run hard Sun but there was no arguing with nature.

We went 176mph to the halftrack and coasted through at 195 on our 4th ever pass (2nd full pull pass) with the new build. The driver was concerned about breaking out of his 225mph license limit on the run and lifted early. Data showed a max speed of 209.7mph right before the lift... looked like something right around a 220mph pass would it have been run out. Very safe rich, and only about 6* in high gear... I start soft and slow and build up our tune based on data and sparkplug reading after each pass. The tune is still very soft, but data from the car looks like it will run 200+ to the half track and 230+ out the back. We shall see...

More details of the build, event results for us, and the action leading up to the mile can be found here:
(I looked, but if this is against forum policy, please pull link down or notify me and I will... if I need to sponsor, shoot me info.)
https://www.facebook.com/FischerMotorsports

Cheers

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
that looks nasty for sure, with all that custom work, I'm surprised they didn't do more with the intake.

Time... barely made event as it was. :)

It's not pretty but we didn't have any pressure drop across the filter or the TB at 33psi. We do have plans for a different, custom filter/intake but haven't made the time to do it yet.

Cheers

BMR Tech

Great work by Fischer and crew.

I look forward to seeing the results on the car Shawn.

Also glad to see you rocking few BMR Components on that beast!

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Great work by Fischer and crew.

I look forward to seeing the results on the car Shawn.

Also glad to see you rocking few BMR Components on that beast!

Thanks Kelly, you guys have been very helpful.

The parts, set up correctly, have worked well for us!
These cars on MTs with your stuff, a few of our bits, and a good setup... we're hooking 1300+ rwhp in 2nd gear on the street. So far they have stuck everything we've thrown at them in 2nd. I don't know that we'll stick 1500whp+ in 2nd with the new car but they take everything we make in 3rd.

Thanks again Kelly!

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Very cool setup. Is there a reason turbocharging isn't a much easier answer than making the blower work?

Time and Money... just would have been more of both. It would definitely make more power... a lot more.

Customer had the screw and decent exhaust when it came in... our thoughts were take the SC record and then perhaps go to turbos if the customer decides to push past that. There has been light discussion about going for an overall record with the car, the harness was built to convert to turbos later if desired, but it would take another large lump of cubic dollars to step it up to that level, and I doubt that is anywhere on the customers radar anytime soon.

Customer came to me and stated he wanted to go 215 for a personal best. We discussed it, we have a ton going on, and I was of the opinion that we didn't want to play if we weren't shooting for the record (221). After the discussion, the customer was adamant that he wanted a 220ish car but didn't want to go overboard (pay more) to build a 240 or 250 car. I think it's a 230ish car from the data... I'd be pretty surprised if it went quicker, but who knows, it's not dialed in and on a very soft tune up right now. All I know is that it has everything it needs to go 220+ and looks like it will do it... just that small matter of actually doing it, instead of talking about it! Bench racing means nothing at the moment :)

Cheers

Van@RevanRacing

Shawn

Put a full interior, A/C, Radio, Electric seats, weigh in at 4100 lbs with driver and use the factory processor. The one that came from Ford!

Just having fun with you. The differences between cars and builds are endless. I've had a bullseye on the back of my helmet for a while.

But remember this, I'm a moving target and I'll probably always have a record considering it was a vert!

You know my motto! Boost by foot!

Good chatting with you yesterday.

Van

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Good chatting with you yesterday.

Van

Thanks Van, you too. :)

Shawn

Put a full interior, A/C, Radio, Electric seats, weigh in at 4100 lbs with driver and use the factory processor. The one that came from Ford!

Just having fun with you.

Yea... It pretty much has a full factory interior in it minus the seats. We could run any of that other stuff but we have the luxury of it being a track dedicated car... so I don't need any of that unnecessary weight, I'll ship that stuff to you to put in the trunk. :)
Onward and upward!

The differences between cars and builds are endless. I've had a bullseye on the back of my helmet for a while.

We've taken too long to get back out with something to push the barrier... just been slammed. But, I'm all about competition and in the end it makes all of us better. Competition is good... and we're probably pretty similar in chasing goals.

But remember this, I'm a moving target and I'll probably always have a record considering it was a vert!

This is true... no plans to build a rag top here lol
... and besides that, currently you're still King! :)

You know my motto! Boost by foot!
Boost by gear for the win! :banana:

Take care Van!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Taking a closer look at the passenger side coolant tank, the AN fittings and hoses, they are for the KB HU?

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van, you too. :)

Yea... It pretty much has a full factory interior in it minus the seats. We could run any of that other stuff but we have the luxury of it being a track dedicated car... so I don't need any of that unnecessary weight, I'll ship that stuff to you to put in the trunk. :)
Onward and upward!

We've taken too long to get back out with something to push the barrier... just been slammed. But, I'm all about competition and in the end it makes all of us better. Competition is good... and we're probably pretty similar in chasing goals.

This is true... no plans to build a rag top here lol
... and besides that, currently you're still King! :)

Boost by gear for the win! :banana:

Take care Van!

You're a good man and great competitor. I enjoy what we do. Pushing the Envelope! Talk to you soon.

Factory processor FTW!!

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Taking a closer look at the passenger side coolant tank, the AN fittings and hoses, they are for the KB HU?

They go to the steam ports on the billet water necks. All hot water is being bypassed away from the intake manifold with these front and rear billet water necks. Each neck has it's own steam port... these fittings are the steam port to the header tank return.

The 5th fitting is the overflow outlet... if the cap releases pressure to the overflow reservoir, and then the reservoir fills up... it pushes water out that hose. The end of the hose is in the cowl and pointed at the passenger side of the windshield to notify the driver it's pushing water.

We also ran a pressure transducer on the coolant system for monitoring system health as well.

1.jpg
2.jpg

The tank on the driver side that looks like the IC tank is actually the ambient water tank for the KB cooling. It has it's own system... own pump, own heat exchanger, etc....

This is the IC tank
1.jpg
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread