An Amazing build coming to the Texas Mile. I think he's going for the record. WOW

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Factory processor and very talented foot FTW.

Factory Processor........... feels more like a straight jacket with a boat anchor attached to it!:dancenana:

Truth is I'm just spoiled with what the MoTeC allows me to do and choose to use nothing else.... we keep it so the gauges work in street cars.... does that count?

Cheers guys!

Van@RevanRacing

factory processor........... Feels more like a straight jacket with a boat anchor attached to it!:dancenana:

Truth is i'm just spoiled with what the motec allows me to do and choose to use nothing else.... We keep it so the gauges work in street cars.... Does that count?

Cheers guys!

220.8 mph boat anchor!! Ftw!!

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
220.8 mph boat anchor!! Ftw!!

"Fast is relative... Just because someone is going "Fast" relative to everyone else, doesn't mean that their car or their class is anywhere near its potential! :)

How much "faster" could you go with more control?

At the end of the day there is no denying that the stock computer can get from point A to point B and that for most applications it does an OK job... but there is also no denying that a MoTeC is a significantly superior system to the stock ECU with a ton more control and race geared features. Also no denying it's significantly more expensive. If you have the budget... it's the way to go.

Van the Man!
Looking forward to racing against and with you at the next mile buddy!:burnout:

Cheers!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
They go to the steam ports on the billet water necks. All hot water is being bypassed away from the intake manifold with these front and rear billet water necks. Each neck has it's own steam port... these fittings are the steam port to the header tank return.

The 5th fitting is the overflow outlet... if the cap releases pressure to the overflow reservoir, and then the reservoir fills up... it pushes water out that hose. The end of the hose is in the cowl and pointed at the passenger side of the windshield to notify the driver it's pushing water.

We also ran a pressure transducer on the coolant system for monitoring system health as well.

Shawn

very trick stuff - thanks for sharing the details.

Did you guys build the short block/long block in house?

I totally get the Motec deal, buddy has a UGT TT Gallardo with it, the car is a beast, full boost doesn't kick in until 4th gear for him, 1700 HP is a killer.

Last edited:

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Shawn

very trick stuff - thanks for sharing the details.

Did you guys build the short block/long block in house?

I totally get the Motec deal, buddy has a UGT TT Gallardo with it, the car is a beast, full boost doesn't kick in until 4th gear for him, 1700 HP is a killer.

Thanks... we're going to need to become a sponsor... we're gearing up to offer all of this stuff.

Our machinist did the sleeve install and orings for the copper gaskets, we picked out the more important internals... the owner is longtime friends with an engine builder in our area... had him assemble the engine on this one.

Cheers

SuperFly03

Established Member
Thanks... we're going to need to become a sponsor... we're gearing up to offer all of this stuff.

Our machinist did the sleeve install and orings for the copper gaskets, we picked out the more important internals... the owner is longtime friends with an engine builder in our area... had him assemble the engine on this one.

Cheers

Y'all held up in Dallas? Might have to look y'all up one day. I'm sure there is always work to be done on my GT500.

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Is there a low dollar way of keeping the stock blower cool or do you need the billet adapters?

It's the only solution I know of...

Anyone trying to duplicate what we have done, or anything similar to generate similar results, will require a lot of work... so no matter what, I don't believe there to be a low budget option for a similar solution.

Cheers

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
I do have Andy's turbo intake though... it's available... already has the core mods, water necks cut off, polished, etc... doesn't have the big IC water mods to the core yet but that can be added easily... But I think your car is compound right? This intake is modified for our billet hat...

We're doing a new turbo specific sheet metal intake for his car to step it up further... bigger plenum, dual injectors, dual throttle bodies etc.... we're reusing his water necks but the intake is up for grabs and I have more of the water neck pieces and phenolic spacers.

Cheers

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
I do have Andy's turbo intake though... it's available... already has the core mods, water necks cut off, polished, etc... doesn't have the big IC water mods to the core yet but that can be added easily... But I think your car is compound right? This intake is modified for our billet hat...

We're doing a new turbo specific sheet metal intake for his car to step it up further... bigger plenum, dual injectors, dual throttle bodies etc.... we're reusing his water necks but the intake is up for grabs and I have more of the water neck pieces and phenolic spacers.

Cheers

What is the price of Andy's turbo intake? I am interested.

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
What is the advantage of using the MoTeC ECU?

That's a big question... There is a ton so this is a long answer... I'll try to briefly sum it up briefly

Boost control, traction control, launch control, anti-lag, roll race limiters, no lift shift for gear changes, knock control, control of everything fuel related and control of everything fuel related for each individual cylinder... same for ignition including aftermarket CDI ignition, phenomenal data logging, integration with alarm and display systems, DBW control, live tuning, quick changes, built in safety parameters... etc.... etc... This is just the tip of the ice burg. MoTeCs saying for the longest time was, "If you can think of it, we can do it." True for the most part.

Keep in mind the system is only as smart as the guy on the keyboard (and the person wiring it)... Program it intelligently and it will perform very well. Tell it to do dumb things, and it'll do dumb things. Put a monkey on the keyboard... you'll get bananas out the tail pipe. :banana:

Also keep in mind MoTeC is not a low budget solution... not the cheapest solution anyway, but in my opinion it's the best by a long shot.

All the best

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
What is the price of Andy's turbo intake? I am interested.

Mind shooting me an email?

I'm not a sponsor yet... and I'm not sure of the rules on this site in regard to listing parts or advertising.... I don't want to piss any moderators or venders off right out of the gate! :)

Cheers

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
This is the Turbo Setup for stock hoods.

ASSEMBLY-INTAKEFORDCOBRA01.jpg

DSC02206.jpg

Old style rear water necks
DSC01561.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Can that boost control be done on a 3.4 Whipple setup ?

Yes... doesn't matter the size of the supercharger.

If you use the Whipple port/butterfly valve as is... a 20psi pulley, boost will only drop to 10psi. A higher boost pulley and it will be above 10psi for min boost.

Custom work to enlarge the hole and it will drop further to a lower minimum boost if desired

Cheers!

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Anyone heeard what the word is on the track in Beeville? I heard from one of the locals while there that the field is being taken over for some drone station - something about Texas A&M Corpus Christie. Didn't know about the timing and I don't know if it was just rumor. I know the J & S team are setting up the Houston Mile, but so far, it is only a 1/2 mile. Not interested in the 1/2 mile personally.

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Hadn't heard any of that but wouldn't rule it out...

I know the J & S team are setting up the Houston Mile, but so far, it is only a 1/2 mile. Not interested in the 1/2 mile personally.

Understandable... Personally I like the idea... it fits in line with our new goals of 200+ to the half mile. We plan to stay with the mile setup and gearing and focus on half track numbers. Houston half mile is a great opportunity for that.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread