annoying security blinking light

03CobraJack

Established Member
Hi guys,

I've searched for answers/info on this but haven't had much luck.

A while back I noticed that the security led light located low on the dash (below and to the left of the steering wheel) does not stop blinking, even while driving. I noticed that now the car does not 'arm' itself when I press once on the keyless entry remote. Where as before I would press on the lock button on the remote and a few seconds later the car would automatically honk and flash the lights I'm assuming to let me know that it armed itself.

There are no other serious side effects except that it's annoying as hell driving with the constant blinking light.:bash:

I've tried disconnecting the battery for ~15-30 min but no luck. I have an sct tuner and it does not show up codes...

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
It sounds to me like it is an aftermarket alarm and not stock. Mine does NOT behave like this.
Where as before I would press on the lock button on the remote and a few seconds later the car would automatically honk and flash the lights I'm assuming to let me know that it armed itself.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
something is definitely not right. i have NEVER seen my theft light flash, while the car was running. been DDing the car for going on 3 years now.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Thats aftermarket. Drop the dash and yank it out. If it blinks all the time and doesnt shut off when ignition is on then it has lost its ign source. If you are not comfortable removing it, take it to a local reputable audio shop and they will do it for a nominal fee.

prostkr

Established Member
If the stock theft light was flashing the car would be dead as a hammer. Yank the aftermarket crap out. Be prepared there are a ton of wires to unhook.

hotcobra03

Established Member
i recall reading about this....

very important if its true...

LFC..light flash codes

if more than 2 keys are programed the light will flash to tell you this...as like if someone made a copy without you knowing.....

here is a link passed on from another site on flash codes
Security - PATS

03CobraJack

Established Member
i recall reading about this....

very important if its true...

LFC..light flash codes

if more than 2 keys are programed the light will flash to tell you this...as like if someone made a copy without you knowing.....

here is a link passed on from another site on flash codes
Security - PATS

Thanks for the input guys. I think you're on to something. I lost my keys a while back so had to go to the dealership to get a new ignition key programmed, which would mean that there are 3. I'll have to check the flash code on the led to see what it's trying to say exactly.

On a side note, the thing I call 'auto arm' I always thought it was part of the stock anti-theft system. So when you guys get out of your cars and hit the lock on the remote twice you get a honk and a flashing lights right? If you get out and hit it only once and wait for a few seconds you don't get an automatic honk and lights flash?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I think you're on to something. I lost my keys a while back so had to go to the dealership to get a new ignition key programmed, which would mean that there are 3. I'll have to check the flash code on the led to see what it's trying to say exactly.

On a side note, the thing I call 'auto arm' I always thought it was part of the stock anti-theft system. So when you guys get out of your cars and hit the lock on the remote twice you get a honk and a flashing lights right? If you get out and hit it only once and wait for a few seconds you don't get an automatic honk and lights flash?

the honk is a code thing also...1,2 or 3 honks/chirp....mine honks 3 times if i left trunk open...when locking with fob

it also will sound alarm 30mins later if something was left on...

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
after another re read of you problem i see sct.....been alot of threads going around with this brand tuner and problems...

instructions on how to install tune seems to be what most arent following ...unless other

03CobraJack

Established Member
Huh? I have 3 keys programmed and have never seen this.
I'll have to see what code the flashing led is displaying...I can't check it till this weekend though...

after another re read of you problem i see sct.....been alot of threads going around with this brand tuner and problems...

instructions on how to install tune seems to be what most arent following ...unless other

wow, /\ that is a scary thought, I would like to think the shop did it right...

Users who are viewing this thread