Anonymous take down Department of Justice, RIAA, MPAA, Universal Music

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
This is a good read.

I hope SOPA passes.

I think this will have a bigger impact. Take away the money.

So for 2012 I'm Boycott all media for the rest of the year.

As far as purchases go No movies. No TV. No cable. No newspapers. No videogames. No music. No books.

Cut all of them off 100%. We don't need this stuff. The problem is that we think we need it and keep giving money to these assholes.

Who's with me?

Good article.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Demonoid doesn't host files other than a torrent extension. I don't think it's in the same realm is a cloud based file server.

Torrents reside on users machines, not servers.

Demonoid is basically a phone book for computers and just gives your the addresses of computers that have the file (tracker).

Last edited:

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Demonoid doesn't host files other than a torrent extension. I don't think it's in the same realm is a cloud based file server.

Torrents reside on users machines, not servers.

Demonoid is basically a phone book for computers and just gives your the addresses of computers that have the file (tracker).

So basically what you're sayying is they wouldn't go after the actual site but rather go after people that have the tracker on their computer and seeding it?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So basically what you're sayying is they wouldn't go after the actual site but rather go after people that have the tracker on their computer and seeding it?

Yes. Providers have been doing this. Most have been sending warnings to the users downloading the torrents and telling them that if they don't desist downloading that they will be charged.

Torrents are being tracked by the movies companies and businesses as well that's why when you are downloading torrents you need to use peer blocking programs that can help block the known IP addresses of these sniffers. But that doesn't guarantee you anything either. It's always best to take multiple measurements like using proxy servers as well. I never liked using them because they end up bottle necking your connection speed.

But thinking of it, I guess they can be charged because Kazaa, Napster was basically peer to peer sharing so I am probably wrong about Demonoid. I'm not sure how the copyright laws work.

Mayo5

Established Member
Rapidshare is still up. Thank Tebow.

Since moving to Europe, it really ****ing sucks trying to watch tv shows. I can't access anything legitimately, I can wait for ****ing ever for the dvds to maybe get released here.

Wish they would unlock sites for global users.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yes. Providers have been doing this. Most have been sending warnings to the users downloading the torrents and telling them that if they don't desist downloading that they will be charged.

Torrents are being tracked by the movies companies and businesses as well that's why when you are downloading torrents you need to use peer blocking programs that can help block the known IP addresses of these sniffers. But that doesn't guarantee you anything either. It's always best to take multiple measurements like using proxy servers as well. I never liked using them because they end up bottle necking your connection speed.

But thinking of it, I guess they can be charged because Kazaa, Napster was basically peer to peer sharing so I am probably wrong about Demonoid. I'm not sure how the copyright laws work.

Ive always understood its not illegal to download, its illegal to host/share.

currently ISP's only send cease and desist letters to people downloading 200gb or so of data a month, and then that triggers them to inspecting packets and finding out these users are downloading ****tons of "illegal" stuff. Its easier for the ISP to try to get the user to stop doing this than deal with the red tape when they get subpoena'd for the users IP addy and info. Plus ISP's dont like it when you take advantage of their unlimited data connection since right now you are basically only paying for speed. Id imagine the near future we will have tiered data limit plans as well.

jrandy

Established Member
I was just reading and it looks like here is a list of sites either going down, or limiting sharing:

Fileserve – Stopped filesharing. You can only download your own files. Deleting multiple files. Banning Premium accounts. Closed Affiliate Program.
Changed server location Jan 22, 2012. Taken down it's Facebook page Now using Digital fingerprinting. Files are being deleted as soon as uploaded (as Hotfile did).
VideoBB – Closed Affiliate Program.
Filepost – Started suspending accounts with infringing material (as Hotfile did)
Uploaded.to – Blocked U.S. access.
Videozer – Closed Affiliate Program.
Filejungle – Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
Uploadstation – Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
4Shared – Deleting multiple files
EnterUpload - Down (Redirect)

Monster Mach

Established Member
I'm pissed at 4shared.. that's were I got my apps from like tapatalk. O well I'm proxied and rapidshare won't go down.. its in germany and germany will not comply with that.. rapidshare would have been down long long ago.

But anyone needing anon news.. let me know.. iv been invited into a select few because of my past... right now its a lot of people I would least suspect... a lot of police are against this whole thing.. and barrett brown is not anon. I can tell you that much

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
To be honest, news groups is where it's at. Giganews, I was pulling in 4.5megs a second on download speeds and you can find anything. You also get a secure SSL VPN connection directly to their servers which encrypts the data. It just takes getting use to.

S7OCK_03

WHIPPLED
Established Member
I'm pissed at 4shared.. that's were I got my apps from like tapatalk. O well I'm proxied and rapidshare won't go down.. its in germany and germany will not comply with that.. rapidshare would have been down long long ago.

But anyone needing anon news.. let me know.. iv been invited into a select few because of my past... right now its a lot of people I would least suspect... a lot of police are against this whole thing.. and barrett brown is not anon. I can tell you that much

Go3Fv.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
all you have to do is go on 4chan and have auto update, then just filter out till you run into an actual real thread. The only problem with anon, is the plots and ideas aren't hard to find. lol.

Monster Mach

Established Member
all you have to do is go on 4chan and have auto update, then just filter out till you run into an actual real thread. The only problem with anon, is the plots and ideas aren't hard to find. lol.

4chan is a joke..... I like this new irc group and board... there are a lot of plans and tools that anon is using... it was set up by a person that claims he is the head of anon and the board has a lot of my old geek buddies on it and they all tell me the same thing.. its the real anon channel... encryption to join takes forever!
The biggest thing.. the windows 7 antivirus.. is anon and that installs the ping.exe virus.. it makes us all a botnet basically

Last edited:

S7OCK_03

WHIPPLED
Established Member
4chan is a joke..... I like this new irc group and board... there are a lot of plans and tools that anon is using... it was set up by a person that claims he is the head of anon and the board has a lot of my old geek buddies on it and they all tell me the same thing.. its the real anon channel... encryption to join takes forever!
The biggest thing.. the windows 7 antivirus.. is anon and that installs the ping.exe virus.. it makes us all a botnet basically

What are you required to 'encrypt' during connection?

Monster Mach

Established Member
He has to encrypt his pen to his pocket protector so it doesn't leak any ink.

I'm probably the farthest thing from a nerd ever if you saw me... played lacrosse and football all of my life.. skipped school daily...

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
To be honest, news groups is where it's at. Giganews, I was pulling in 4.5megs a second on download speeds and you can find anything. You also get a secure SSL VPN connection directly to their servers which encrypts the data. It just takes getting use to.

UseNext almost maxes out my available bandwidth of 20Mbps. I've seen it DL at 19+Mbps. I can DL a full-HD .mkv video in less than 30 mins, and a full blu-ray DVD in about an hour, hour and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread