Another 10 sec. eaton

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
stock half shafts, not breaking cuz your spinnin a bit out of the hole instead of stressing them????

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I've had a few launches with no spin at all. I really think the et streets are just easier on the irs than drag radials. The soft sidewall absorbs some of the hit. + as long as there is no wheelhop the irs holds up pretty well.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
What's up beaner. I say go with the 3.90s. I will have 3.90s as well after Sunday. We're swapping my irs for the solid. I will still be on the 26" tall tires though. I'll see how it does and then maybe switch to 28". Let me know how the pprv removal works, cause my car does the same sh*t as yours sometimes. Pisses me off. My last pass would have been a 10.8 for sure had it not hiccupped like that on 2 of the gear changes.

Thanks for the compliments guys and yes the eaton is ported now. I want to run again tomorrow, but with my luck I would break it and I don't want to do that when it's already spoken for.

Blown 408, I think the harley upper is 3.1 or 3.2. Pretty cool though, because it looks stock since it is a factory ford pulley.

The Harley upper pulley is a 3.40" pulley. The Lightning pulley is a 2.93".
You are now running a 3.40 upper with 6 # lower. You can run a 3.10"
pulley with the 6 # lower and it would be about the same as running a
2.93 upper with a 4 # lower.
I need to get my pprv out of the gas tank also... loosing my et.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Says to beaner, "who's there".

Steeda30, my sig has all my wt. reduction. + now I have the solid rear which knocked off another 100lbs.

KenCobra03, Thanks for the info. I guess that makes my car seem a little more impressive than I previously thought. Do you have any track #s on yours? Curious to see what that set up runs.

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
sorry for the smart ass joke.was going to bump the page and thought about that(knock,knock)

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
sorry for the smart ass joke.was going to bump the page and thought about that(knock,knock)

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Hell, I thought it was funny. I figured you would have replied to "who's there" with "slappy piston" or something like that. I guess I finally found the limit of the stock fuel system.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Hell, I thought it was funny. I figured you would have replied to "who's there" with "slappy piston" or something like that. I guess I finally found the limit of the stock fuel system.

Your motor let go?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yeah so to speak. It seems that I got at least one piston, maybe more. It still cranks and idles fine, just has a nice little knock to it. Oh well, time to upgrade.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Yeah so to speak. It seems that I got at least one piston, maybe more. It still cranks and idles fine, just has a nice little knock to it. Oh well, time to upgrade.

That sucks...sorry to hear that. But you sound like a "the glass is half full" kinda guy...definately time to upgrade! Good luck and keep us posted!

Hrannar

Badass 03 Cobra
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Stock injectors ? Stock pumps ?

Congrats about the 10's :rockon:

Do you have any suspension modifications ?
Hopefully I will join you in the 10's when the summer comes here in Iceland:rolling:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks. Yes, I was on a completely stock fuel system. I had checked the a/f on the dyno and it was ok, but going down the track with 50 degree air ramming through the headlight and a IC tank full of ice changes things a little. I think I actually hurt it on the 1st pass when my throttle stuck and bounced off the rev limiter at the other end of the track. The next pass my mph was way off but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary other than that. Then I made one more pass and went 10.90, but at only 121. After this is when I noticed the knock, but not until I took my helmet off could I hear it.

I do have suspension mods now. SRA with fully adjustable uppers and lowers and adjustable shocks. I ran 10's before this though with a completely stock IRS. The SRA was just supposed to put me deep in the 10's and I still feel it will once I get the car back up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread