Another 10 sec. eaton

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Awesome job!!!!!! And you're still unported correct??? If so, that would make you the fastest Unported/6 speed/IRS Terminator on the Planet!!!!

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
thanks f8lsnake for putting my vidoe up along with yours. 10.30's next with some moresuspension mods. got a 3;90 gear today, do you thimk i should use it or go to 26 inch tall tires?

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
shoaf85 said:
Nice run F8lsnake.

beaner: what pulley combo (boost) are you using?
I AM RUNNING A 2.8 UPPER PULLY NO SLIP WITH STOCK LOWER PULLY. IT'S SHOULD BE 18 LBS BUT MOST OF THE TIME CLOSER TO 20.DEPENDS ON TEMP AND ALL THAT.ON THE VIDEO I NEVER LOOKED AT THE BOOST GAUGE I WAS TRYING TO POWER SHIFT IT FASTER. IT KEPT HESITATING BETWWEN GEARS SO I WILL BE DOING THE PPRV REMOVALE THIS WEEKEND AND HOPFULLY RESOLVE THAT.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
What's up beaner. I say go with the 3.90s. I will have 3.90s as well after Sunday. We're swapping my irs for the solid. I will still be on the 26" tall tires though. I'll see how it does and then maybe switch to 28". Let me know how the pprv removal works, cause my car does the same sh*t as yours sometimes. Pisses me off. My last pass would have been a 10.8 for sure had it not hiccupped like that on 2 of the gear changes.

Thanks for the compliments guys and yes the eaton is ported now. I want to run again tomorrow, but with my luck I would break it and I don't want to do that when it's already spoken for.

Blown 408, I think the harley upper is 3.1 or 3.2. Pretty cool though, because it looks stock since it is a factory ford pulley.

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
NO DOING THE PPRV THING TOMARROW, BUT WILL BE GOING OUT THERE WITH CRACKHEAD SO HE CAN SEE IF HE CAN UP HIS 14.6'S ha ah ha. i will video it so we can post it.it will be a long video!
buy the way do you know any one that can put a gear in the right way around here

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
The last gear I had done was by Billy Hunley Sr. That was when he worked at the Ford dealer though. He did a great job and he still does stuff on the side, but I don't know how fast of a turn around it would be. I'll ask Buck if he does them. That's where we will be doing my swap, at their shop in Reynolds. Mike Doughrty(not sure on that spelling) also does a pretty good job if you can track him down.

CantDrv55

Banned
beaner said:
NO DOING THE PPRV THING TOMARROW, BUT WILL BE GOING OUT THERE WITH CRACKHEAD SO HE CAN SEE IF HE CAN UP HIS 14.6'S ha ah ha. i will video it so we can post it.it will be a long video!
buy the way do you know any one that can put a gear in the right way around here
14.6's? Did he buy a SC 350z?

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
ha ha ,i almost shit myself. in reality he should run mid 13,s

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
What time ya'll headin out? You goin CantDrv? I like the shit you're stirrin up over on LS1. They take u to seriously. It's quite funny.

CantDrv55

Banned
I gotta change my oil and finish cleaning my garage, then I may head out that way to spectate. What time are you all getting there?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Nice runs, and congrats on the 10 finally. Car looks like its moving out very well.

Ever figure out your 5-6mph fluxuations in MPH over your last visits when it went 11.0's??

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
broke7, No I haven't figured that out. In the vid u see here I missed 4th, but I still think the mph would have only been in the 128 range judging by the rest of my slips from that day. I can't wait to run at SGMP again to see if the mph difference is between the two different tracks. The weather conditions were actually quite similar and I did nothing different in prepping the car, although I have the ported blower now. The port raised my 1/8 mile speeds over 3mph. There is close to a 350' elevation difference between the two tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread