Another 10 sec. eaton

Fryguy302

Spooled up!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
ABout 90% of all the ported Eaton superchargers out there were done by Steigemeiers. Great track record, great results, great customer service.

Unfortunately, (at least to some of us....), it takes a certain degree of skill to launch these monsters due to the car's poor front to back weight distribution (57% to 43%), the intricacies of the IRS, the cars high total weight, and the massive amount of torque that many of us are running. That being said, typical pullied/unported 1/4 mile performance usually ranges from 12.3 to 11.7 or so, with mph in the 115 to 121 range. Add the ported blower and you can expect 2 to 3 tenths and 2 to 3 mph usually.......Just general guestimates here.

Thanks very much for the info. How much does it cost for porting? I'm planning on putting together a 99 Mustang with a terminator engine. I'll have a straight axle, and I'm going to do what I can about taking some wieght off the front of the car, so I should be able to make it work OK.

Thanks again for answering the newbee questions.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Check out the market section. There are usually some good deals on ported blowers in there. Or just go on Steigemeiers web site. He runs specials at times so the pricing varies and there are also several options to choose from. Good luck with your car and definately don't overlook the fuel system.

Users who are viewing this thread